I need a hug....

Evian260

Mom of 3
Reaction score
Ever since my son was born I've been debating about going back to work or not. I was only working part time before I had him, and my husband and I decided I would stay at home to raise him with the option to go back to work if I wanted to or we needed me to. I tried going back to work when my son was 6 months old - I tried one day and couldn't do it. I picked him up from his crib sleepy, picked him up from the sitter sleepy, and then he went right to bed. I cried and cried because I felt like I would be missing too much. It was the right choice at the time because he was still so little and I was glad to have the ability to choose.

My husband got a promotion so now we are even better off for me not to work, but I just feel useless being at home. I don't ever get dressed because I'm constantly chasing around my son and all of his toys. I just feel in the dumps. I have a Bachelors degree and I'm not using it. It's not like the jobs are fruitful in my field at the moment (public relations) - but even entry level jobs in PR that I have applied for they have said I don't have enough experience. It's such a horrible feeling - I love my son to pieces but I can't STAND being at home. At the same time I can't STAND being away from him. I don't know what to do. The last week or so has been pretty hard. I don't know if it's because he's all of a sudden so much more mobile or what, but I'm feeling pretty down. I'm worried because I had postpartum depression for 6 weeks after he was born and took zoloft up until September-October. I went off it because I didn't need it anymore. I'm hoping this isn't a relapse at all - I don't feel half the things I felt when he was a newborn and I had it (like not wanting to take care of him, wanting to disappear, etc). I just feel confused and conflicted and lonely.

I'm trying to sell lia sophia jewelry in hopes it'd get me out of the house (just started in December) and I have a part time, maybe 1 shift a week job at Bath and Body Works - but sometimes part time is harder with trying to find a sitter, etc.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just sad. Both of my sisters are very successful (one is a pharmacist and the other has her Masters from Harvard) - and here I am with my Bachelors in journalism, never had a job in the field and I'm a SAHM with huge student loans. I feel like my brain is going to mush. I just don't know what to do. :cry::cry:

Try not to compare yourself to your sisters, you're your own person & they're different :) so try not to compare yourself to others. With reguards to the wanting to work but not wanting to be away from your son i understand cos i'm the same. I worked part time for a year & i missed my son so much yet when i left work i felt myself feeling down as i just didnt have anything to do :( isnt there a day care near yourself he could go to rather than an actual sitter? Wouldnt that be easier for you both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->