I need Advice pls!!

KAT1984

Reaction score
Hi everyone im new to this site and it looks like the best place to come for advice so here I am!!

What it is i really want a baby and have spoken to my partner about it and he says he want's one to :happydance:. I have just moved in to a lovely three bedroom house and we both have stable 9-5 jobs. I have started taking folic acid in preparation.

There is just one thing bothering me im 24/nearly 25 in two months does anyone think im two young to have baby. I mean I feel totally ready with the my age but I am a little bit scared.:wacko:

Also im really scared of telling my mum that if I do get pregnant that I am pregnant (if you get me) do you just think im being immature :shrug:?? I know she will be fine with it as she had be when she was 20 and my brother when she was 23. But im just really scared should I be feeling like this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou xxxx

Nah you're definitely not too young! And even if you were, so what?! Age doesn't determine how good of a parent you are :thumbup:
Don't be worried about telling your mum I'm sure she'll be thrilled to have a grandchild!
Good luck TTC when it comes around!! :flower: xx

You arnt to young, and im sure a lot of people here will tell you its not about age - its about what you feel. If you feel ready then why not. Im 22 and i am ready! just waiting for the OH to catch up :rofl: I know a lot of people think im too young but its not what they think, its about you and your partner. Good luck xxx

It has nothing to do with age, if you both feel ready then it's right, and there are plenty out there far younger than you already pregnant and having children. Age doesn't matter, it's whats inside that counts.

if the time is right for you, go for it! your mum will be over joyed im sure, she'll be waiting for the day tou tell her she's going to be a grandma.

Of course you're not too young! We are at our most fertile at 18. Our bodies are supposed to be most primed for it at 24. I was 29 so I'm on the downward slope. :(

i see 24/25 as the "normal" age to have a baby. your body's at its best :)
im 20, and ready emotionally just waiting for oh and a bit more money :) i guess its always scary being judged by parents etc but at the end of the day she had you at 20 so she ought to be fine :) good luck! and welcome to bnb :) xxxx

Your not too young at all it sounds like you have a stable life and if you and your partner are ready then go for it! Apparently the younger you are the better your chances are of a healthy pregnancy and you bounce back afterwards much faster. Im sure your mum will be delighted! good luck xx

I'm 22 and I'm ready for it, and like the other ladies said, it's not how old you are but how you feel.
As for worrying about telling your mum I have the same issue, but I hope that she respects that it's my life and she's not got a history of being disapproving. Having said that, it's still scary!

I have exactly the same worries. I am 23 but will likely be 24 or there abouts when we TTC and I worry people will think I am too young (Hubby is 28, will be nearly 29 and is feeling old). I also worry that my Dad will think it's a mistake which is absurd really, we have been together and independant for 6 years and got married in August (I also thought my Dad would try to put me off getting married but he didn't, infact he helped out a lot financially).

Silly huh.

I think being "too young" is a very personal thing. I feel too young, because I haven't quite got to where I want to be jobwise and I still want to do a bit more travelling and enjoying our marriage as just the two of us and I'm 27. Other people are ready at 20, I think it just depends what you want from your life and what you've achieved so far. I also think it's always slightly scary, no matter how ready you are!
Having said that, if you're worried about telling people, then ask yourself why! What are you scared of that they might say? Why do you think they will? Do you agree with them? I think maybe you're projecting worries about your situation that you have yourself into your parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->