I Need help managing symptoms.. and to know I'm not alone.

Ellie001

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am 4 weeks and 5 days today. I am barely pregnant, but the symptoms are already wearing me out. I am a plus size gal, so that might have something to do with it, but who knows.

I have been extremely gassy, bloated, and constipated for the past week. I have managed to go potty with the help of glycerin suppositories, but i never feel relieved if you know what I mean. Sorry if TMI. I have been eating about 4 prunes a day to help, but i think they are just giving me more gas. How can I relieve this, I know it's only going to get worse the further along I get.

I have also been peeing uncontrollably. I went to the restroom to pee 9 times this morning within one hour. & Each time I relieved myself of a full bladder. It almost seems like i have a uti, but other than frequent urination, i have no uti symptoms. I have been very good about drinking clear liquids and lots of water, but I do that normally and it doesnt matter if I stop drinking water for hours, I still have to go at least twice an hour. How do I control this if I even can, or how do you deal with it? it gets embarrassing and inconvenient when I am working as I work in a classroom.

I also have not been able to sleep very well at night, and when I do I am having violent or strange nightmares. I can't get comfortable no matter what I do. Is this normal for this early during pregnancy?

& the other day I woke up with a severe pain on both sides of my lower back. It felt like i had pulled my muscles, but I haven't done anything to do that. It started off on both sides, and then it was only one. It really hurt when I walked. The next day it felt much better and today it is hardly noticeable.

Sorry for so many words, but I am a wordy gal!!! I just want to know what y'all have done for these things and if they are normal . Please let me know! & I am very happy to not be having any extreme morning sickness. The only nausea I feel is from slow digestion and bloating.

Hello there hun :) I don't have much advice for you I'm afraid, but just you mentioning being plus sized made me want to share that I am plus sized also and I have had very little symptoms from the beginning and I am 10+4 weeks now so I just wanted you to know that it's not about that and it's not your fault you're feeling so rough (I hate it when I think problems are coming from my weight because I blame myself) it's just that every pregnancy is different and hormones effect us in different ways.
Wishing you all the best, really hope things ease off in not too long and I hope ladies who've experienced symptoms like yours can offer you some advice <3

Yeah, hormones are crazy little buggers.

When I start having too many stomach/bathroom issues I try to incorporate more whole foods/and going with a more raw diet. That helps. Are you on a prenatal pill? Because depending on which pill you are on it can also help constipate you.

Congrats on your BFP and just hang in there. I was also constipated around that time too, but it has subsided. I do eat more fruit than I used to in order to combat the constipation. As for the frequent peeing, you mentioned its almost like a UTI but without symptoms. Well when I went for my initial bloodwork when I was diagnosed preggers by the Dr, my results came back positive for UTI. Even though I didn't have a single symptom, my Doc said with pregnancy it can sometimes happen. You may wanna get checked out.
Other than that, I am STILL suffering from fatigue and have been since the beginning. I hear it gets better by the second tri (hoping and praying).
Hang in there honey, it will all be worth it when your little one pops out to say 'hi'.
x

Yes, yes, and yes. It will be ok, although staying in the bathroom peeing and not "handling" the biz can be so frustrating. I'm still going through that :/ the frequency of having to pee lessened around 9 weeks. Unfortunately I still go at least 2-3 a night but it's better than the 5 plus!!!

The dreams are CRAZY, they to have subsided but I literally was like WtF.... Now, and it sounds weird I've had dreams about events that take place throughout the day. Its baffling...

As far as your back, I haven't experienced that but as long as it's on the mend I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Happy 9 months!! ;)

Hi Ellie, sorry you aren't feeling great :hugs:

As the other ladies have said, the slower digestive system is completely normal. I have had the same thing for the last few weeks now- I almost want to throw a party whenever I poop, its just that much of a big deal!

Don't worry too much about it, I know its uncomfortable but just do what you can to get some relief.

You are still very early on, I remember peeing constantly up until about 7 weeks, but it does calm down (a bit) eventually, until bub is big enough to trampoline on your bladder (or so I have heard). Probably not a bad idea to get checked for a UTI as previous ladies have said, if you are super worried about it.

The best thing to do is to relax when you can and be good to yourself. You are doing a huge job, growing a human inside of you, so don't stress about the small things!

I was reading your symptoms and they are just normal regardless of size, gas, constipation, peeing, nightmares and stomach stretching all normal. I hope your symptoms get better.

Thank you ladies, you have all been very helpful!!!

4 prunes a day is not enough to manage constipation. Try prune juice. Also eat more fibre. And I agree pregnant women quite often have no symptoms but have UTI. Check that out. Good luck!

I went to the doc.. turns out it was a uti. ThNks for encouraging me to check it out! I also have a severe sore throat and stuffy nose now:growlmad:

I eat more fiber and drink prune juice when I get 'backed up'. Another trick is to mix equal parts applesauce, All Bran cereal, and prune juice. I usually use 1/2 cup of each for one batch. Cover and let sit in the fridge overnight. Stir. Take 2 tablespoons 1-2 times per day as needed. I like this because straight prune juice is horridly sweet to me when I'm pregnant and I can't stand bran cereals alone. Or try epsom salts...The directions are usually on the package on amounts of salts and water to mix together but the magnesium in the epsom salts will make you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->