I need help!!

babydoll06

Reaction score
I had my mirena removed two days ago. Yesterday should have been o day for me.. I cramped all day & at one point had sharp cramps on my left side and shortly after when I used the restroom & wiped I had massive cm so I am assuming I ovulated on schedule. We dtd last night and then I woke up covered in blood this morning.. full on heavy bleeding & clots. I know you get a withdrawal bleed from stopping bc.. but would that hinder my chances of conceiving this month? Could we still have a chance from yesterday? Would I still expect to have a period on time.. I'm so confused!! :shrug::cry:

I had horrible cramps and bleeding for about 6 weeks after removing my mirena. It is actually supposed to make a hostile environment for sperm. Maybe those effects wore off immediately for you? I also had strange cycles of CM for a few weeks after. Fingers crossed for you.

It usually takes a lot longer than a couple days for you to become fully fertile again once you stop hormonal bc. Even with it out, your body still has the chemicals in it and will be slowly getting rid of them. So as with any form of hormonal bc the first month off is usually a write off until you know your exact cycle length. Going off bc can cause a cycle change. So it is posible you could concieve but very unlikely especially if you bd'd imediately after having it out.

I read on one of the mirena sites that you have a chance of getting pregnant after removal or if you dtd right before removal because the swimmers live for a few days and its effectiveness is gone immediately..

There is always a chance of pregnancy with intercourse. But the odds of having a normal cycle with a mid cycle removal are pretty slim. Their is always a chance. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->