I need help.

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need a little help regarding a test I took earlier today. Attaching a photo of it...

Short version is I took a test with first pee of the day and it came back negative. I threw it in the bathroom bin. I've come in tonight and could see the test in the bin but it had a very thin positive line. Now, normally I'd shrug it off coz it's been several hours since I took the test, so deep down I know it's an evap line...but the thing is, I've never seen a blue evap line before. Only grey. The line is very thin but very clearly blue. What's your thoughts? Evap or should I test again in a few days?

***​

Long version: I have very irregular cycles and my period didn't start when we expected it to. We have been trying so I started testing and all tests have been negative. I've had so much spotting though; just the odd streaks of blood mixed with CM whenever I wipe most days. Yesterday I felt quite nauseous and even though I'd already taken 3 tests, all of which were negative and I'd come to terms with not being pregnant this month, I thought maybe I still could be so I tested today and again it was negative but now hours later that minus is now a very thin blue plus and whilst deep down I know it'll still just be an evap line, the sight of it is putting that nagging doubt in the back of my mind. I used my last test today and wasn't planning on buying more but I'm not sure if I should shrug it off and accept it's still an evap line or if I should buy pink dye tests and try again in a few days. What do you think I should do? Oh and I'm cycle day 53 currently and I think I had my fertile period around cycle days 21-27.

-AussieBub20201208_204957.jpg

I think you should buy some pink dye tests and test again in a day or 2? Will put your mind at rest. Good luck x

Blue dye tests are the worst. My OH didn't know that when he picked up these tests lol. My sanity is definitely being tested that's for sure.

-AussieBub

Similar thing happened with my second. I came off the pill in June, had a withdrawal bleed but then nothing for weeks. I was tested loads around the time my next AF should have been due but all shown negative so I carried on with life, nights out, drinking etc ! Then one night after I had been out on the town the night before I just had this strong urge to test, no idea why but I did (at 4am) and it was positive!! I then double checked the test I thought was negative from 3-4 days prior that I'd also chucked in the bin thinking it was negative and low and behold there was the faintest line. I felt awful as I'd been out but obviously from that moment there was no more partying for me. As the PP said get a FRER and that should clarify for you. Fingers crossed!

It's funny, every time I've taken a test It's been before doing something I know I can't do when pregnant, like last Friday I tested before having some drinks for example. Taken 4 tests (including this one) between the 24th of Nov and now and all (maybe with the exception of this one) have been negative. 2 weeks, 4 negatives, I accepted not being pregnant but now seeing a line there makes me think what if I'm one of those people who doesn't get a positive for several weeks? Definitely gonna invest in some FRER for peace of mind I think coz after the test appearing negative this morning, I helped my OH lift and 57kg treadmill upstairs lol.

-AussieBub

Well, my local store didn't have any FRER so we got a clearblue digital instead. Seeing the words "Not Pregnant" are so the hope crushing kick in the teeth you just hate to see first thing in the morning. Guess I really did just get my first ever blue evap line yesterday :/ Here's hoping my period starts soon so we can move on and focus on next cycle.

Thanks ladies for all your replies but sadly, no dice this time.

-AussieBub

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->