I need hug

davidjoemum

mum to Davie and Sophie
Reaction score
Today I heard something I hoped I don't hear.my son got autism.im heart broken i need support I don't know what to do I knew something is going on but I though some speech teraphy would be enough.i need advice from you regarding nursery he is 2,5 now my oh says he is going to leave us because he can't stand the though that his perfect son is special needs(Im not bother he can go my son got me)he feels embarrassed.would mainstream nursery be ok for him? I also have 1,5 yo girl I would want them at the nursery together.
Thank you

He may be fine in mainstream nursery they can put one to one care in place if he needs it but you will need to talk to whoever is involved in his care about it really.

:hugs: I cant believe your OH's response that is awful, how you can be embarrassed of your kids is beyond me, he is STILL perfect.

If that was my OH I'd kick him in the balls and that's being nice. Being autistic isn't the end of the world. I come from a long line of people on the spectrum, none were diagnosed before my son though. My father is autistic, he did his exams, got married, had children and a decent job. He's a programmer and is one of the highest paid in his field.
I coped in a normal nursery, school, did well in exams. Was due to start training to be a Maths teacher but that was put on hold due to finding out I was expecting no. 2
My son went to a normal pre-school, we live in a village so we didn't have a nursery option and he loved it. Once he got diagnosed he got a TA which helped him. He's moved on to the local mainstream school which was brilliant to begin with. We're having issues this year as he got a new teacher who excludes him as he's different and is almost in a way bullying him. We're changing school next year purely for this reason as it had a new headmaster who's made the school get worse and worse since he's been in charge.
There is hope for your child. Just because he has autism doesn't mean he can't lead a perfectly normal life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->