I need reassurance or something pls ladies (out of date food concern)

Reaction score
Just been MIL's and my 5yr old was given some Mattersons fridge raiders. He came over to me and asked me to smell them (this was after he had eaten a couple) and they smelt, BAD.
I looked at the date and they had the 23rd of FEB on them, over two months off :nope:

I rang 111 and they said expect a call back within the next 6 hours. I'm going out of my fucking mind with worry now (pardon my language) :'(

How Ill do you think he is he going to be, I'm so worried now :(

Thanks x

Im no doctor but id guess with the preservatives in those things the worst he'd get was a tad sick.

I would also guess the worst would be a stomach ache as it's cooked chicken. But I really wouldn't know. Really hope lo is ok. Bloody in laws...!

I'm sure he'll be fine hun :hugs: xxx

Oh goodness I would be freaking out :( hope you get the call back fast, and he is ok xxx

I would freak just like you but hopefully as they will have lots of preservatives and if he only had a couple maybe it won't be like you think :flower:

Hope he's ok. I would expect possible sickness but other than that he'd be ok.

We had a similar expierence with some sausages recently. I'd cooked them and when we started eating them they tasted odd so OH, DS and myself didn't eat them. However DD was actually quick off the mark and by the time is decided they shouldn't be eaten she'd had all of hers. She was totally fine.

I hope he's ok :hugs:
I agree with everyone else, it'll probably just upset his tummy a little bit.

Thanks Ladies.

He hasn't complained of anything yet thankfully. NHS direct said he would be ill within hours if there was any bacteria on them, he'd expirience stomach ache, sickness, dioreah, that sort of thing. She said chances are he should be fine but if he was to be poorly it wouldn't be much different to having a stomach bug. The only thing to look out for if he did get ill would be blood in stools or any sick! So far so good though, fingers crossed.
I'll just keep my eye out over the next day or so.

It just made me really freak out. Still makes me cringe thinking about them. Blergh!

Bless him.

Xx

Glad he's ok :) Generally speaking food poisoning will show itself within a few hours and if after 24 hours it hasn't shown itself then you should be ok.

I hope he hasn't gotten sick! I've been very careful about not giving LO anything possibly out of date and I think I've gotten to the point of annoying my mom. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->