I need some eBay advice **UPDATE pg1**

Broody85

Reaction score
I sold a pair of jeggings on eBay a few weeks ago. They had literally been worn once or twice. i just didnt like them coz they were too short on me. I actually had these in an 8 and a 10. The ones in question are the 10. Anyway, I got a message from the buyer saying:

"hi, i have finally received the leggings and was not happy with it. its very very ols and started to roll,.. (u know when u use it a lot it starts to roll)...

sorry i wanna return it for a refund"

I replied:
"Hi, sorry to hear your not happy with the item.

I'm unsure what you mean by it's started to roll? Also the item is definitely not old. They have probably been worn twice if that. You can tell this by looking at the tags inside, they are not washed out at all.

Hayley"

Her:
"Well I can show u a picture what i mean as it start to be old like at the back and front!

Sorry I really wanna return it for a refund"

Me:
"If you could send me a pic of what you mean that would be great. email add is ********"

Her:
"Hi, I have sent u the pics and this takes too long now, can u pls refund my money as I need to pay another item!"

Anyway I have had a look at the picture and it looks like she means it has bobbled. Its actually the type of material that makes it look like it has bobbled. I don't know what to do. Her tone has really pee'd me off! The fact that I KNOW their not old or worn at all. She only payed £3 for then with £2 postage. Should I just tell her to send them back but I will not refund postage costs. Shall I tell her to go jump as there is nothing wrong with them and the description did say no returns? I don't want to get bad feedback but Im not losing out over this. Even if it is just a couple of quid. I have 150 positive feedbacks so really 1 isnt gonna change my score much.

To top it off the other pair I sold (which probs had been worn a few more times) left feednack saying they were lovely.

What would you do?

This is the listing: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160686182970&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Personally if you have put returns not accepted and the item was as described then i wouldnt refund..........

if you dont want the hassle say you will refund £3 once you have recieved them back but she has to pay the return postage.

the other thing you can do is offer some money back say £1.50 which might make her happy.....although crappy for you.....depends if you would rather have the jeggings back or happy to let them go for that price xxx

Im having an issue with someone on ebay. they paid saturday. I posted tuesday and thursday they claimed there money back with paypal saying they didnt receive it. Even though its christmas and post is taking ages. So now they have there money and our item. I have proof of postage sp should get my money back. But this person still gets there money and out item. 2 days at christmas isnt long enough to allow for a parcel.long story short ebay and paypal tend to favour the buyer. SO what ever you decide just keep that in mind. Im starting to really hate ebay at the moment.

Thanks girls,

Thats what I was thinking/worrying about littleblonde.

I wouldnt refund and let them keep the item, Im thinking I should just let her return for the £3. I just don't believe she diserves a refund as there was nothing wrong with the itam AT ALL x

The fact that she said this :

"Hi, I have sent u the pics and this takes too long now, can u pls refund my money as I need to pay another item!"

would make me quite wary, it just sounds like she wants the item but doesn't want to pay so she is hoping you will refund without wanting the jeggings back :shrug: she needs her money refunded so she can pay another item? It's only 3 pounds and if she needed to pay for another item she should have made sure she had the mkoney before bloody bidding on it!! selling on ebay would make me so stressed lol.

I would tell her you will refund the item if she sends the jeggings back and it's down to her to cover postage costs, see if she still wants to send them back then or if you're not bothered about negative feedback just tell her you don't accept returns and they were in the same condition as the other pair you posted out and you got good feedback for them. Have they bobbled then or is it just the material that makes it look like they have? x

I personally would tell her to do one. She shouldn't of bought something else if she didn't have the money ready to buy it.

A couple of months ago I bought some baby vests and a few came with orange stains (that weren't mentioned) and some of them were shrunk so bad. There were a couple of the same thing and if you compared them you could see it) I complained but the most they would do is make her refund me what I paid when I returned items. I was annoyed as I wouldn't of got original postage money back, and would have had to pay to return them. In the end I kept the item and got the stains out.

You did say you don't accept refunds and would stick to that. Failing that just say you will refund what she paid when she returns, but not postage price.

:flower:

They havnt bobble AT ALL, I literally have worn them once or twice, it's just the type of material.

I k kw what u mean about her having to pay for another item. I'm gonna deliberately drag this out now :haha: Also when she says it's taking too long now. I waited a week for her to send the pics then 2 days later she sent that it was taking too long (I hadn't checked my emails) Iv still not replied tho coz I don't know what to do. I think I might offer her a refund for the item but not the postage.

Make sure you deal with it before she puts through a paypal claim because if she does that they will side with her and refund her directly. x

Do u know how long she has to wait before doing that?

I just sent her this:

"Hi,

I received your pictures and to be honest I think your making it out their damaged when their not. What you have showed in the picture is simply the type of material the Jeggings are. I know they are in almost new condition. Also the item did state thy I do not accept returns. In this instance I will accept a return and will refund the cost of the Jeggings. However, I will not refund the postage costs as I don't believe I am in the wrong here.

I sold another pair of these Jeggings which had actually been worn more than these ones and I have received good feedback from them if you care to take a look. Also I suggest you refrain from buying used items if you have issues like this with nearly new items.

Hayley"

Hehe, a bit bitchy but she has really got to me!

She messaged me back saying "no way. I'll let eBay decide" so I just messaged back saying "fine by me" I know she will probably win as buyers usually do but I'm out to winde her up now :rofl:

She messaged me back saying "no way. I'll let eBay decide" so I just messaged back saying "fine by me" I know she will probably win as buyers usually do but I'm out to winde her up now :rofl:

Send her a cyber slap

Whats her user id???

Goofbay her??

V xxx

The fact that she said this :

would make me quite wary, it just sounds like she wants the item but doesn't want to pay so she is hoping you will refund without wanting the jeggings back :shrug: she needs her money refunded so she can pay another item? It's only 3 pounds and if she needed to pay for another item she should have made sure she had the mkoney before bloody bidding on it!! selling on ebay would make me so stressed lol.

I would tell her you will refund the item if she sends the jeggings back and it's down to her to cover postage costs, see if she still wants to send them back then or if you're not bothered about negative feedback just tell her you don't accept returns and they were in the same condition as the other pair you posted out and you got good feedback for them. Have they bobbled then or is it just the material that makes it look like they have? x

^^^WSS!

Get her to send them back, Its a much harsher method imo and it will leave her out of pocket anyway.

Personal sellers (as opposed to business sellers) DO NOT have to return original p&p or return p&p. She will have to fork out for recorded delivery (what ever they cost you plus 75pish), and you stuill get your leggings back. Takes ages but surley thats better than you getting bad feedback, loosing you cash and loosing your item?

ETA: set up a returns case ready for her, that way ebay will help deal with it.

Get her to send them back, Its a much harsher method imo and it will leave her out of pocket anyway.

Personal sellers (as opposed to business sellers) DO NOT have to return original p&p or return p&p. She will have to fork out for recorded delivery (what ever they cost you plus 75pish), and you stuill get your leggings back. Takes ages but surley thats better than you getting bad feedback, loosing you cash and loosing your item?

ETA: set up a returns case ready for her, that way ebay will help deal with it.

This is what I wanted to do but then she said no way :shrug: I'll try the returns case (I have no idea how to do it mind!) and see where that gets me.

Thanks lovelies x

Alot of people pull the same thing when they don't like the item when they receive it.
I sold a new cardigan and the buyer messaged me saying it was worn and bobbled. I refunded that one even though she was clearly lying but my favourite was when i sold a brand new Fossil watch. The buyer messaged me saying it was scratched, broken and the charms were missing ... i told them to do one. Looked through their feedback a couple of weeks later and they'd sold the watch on as brand new, perfect condition! they'd even used my photos lol.

If worst comes to worst and she leaves negative feedback you can always reply underneath saying the buyer was dishonest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->