I need to have a rant one of my facebook friends had this as her status

debzie

Mammy to two girls.
Reaction score
Please God can I have just one day,
To recharge my batteries then I’ll go all the way,

Just one day without sore feet,
Just one night where I can get some sleep,
Can I have a few hours without sore skin?
And tomorrow you can put the baby back in.

Just a short time without being kicked and hit,
Without painful legs and leaking tits,

A little break from being scared of the day,
That the baby comes out in the usual way.
Without the gut I would go for a run,
Or maybe I’d just get really drunk.

Lord, I don’t mean to sound ungrateful,
I’m happy I’m blessed with this little plateful,

I know that things could be much worse,
As long as it’s healthy I shouldn’t curse,

But if I could have just one day,
I’d appreciate life in a whole new way.

A man gets so much time to prepare,
But I got none and it’s so unfair!

Please God, all I need is just one day,
And tomorrow I’ll go the rest of the way.

I had to comment stating that people should take into consideration those who are desperate to become pregnant who have lost babies then it may put moaning about pregnancy into some sort of perspective....... you can imagine I went on from this. Just needed a vent as it has sparked off a debate among all of my pregnant friends on facebook, how they should be allowd to moan about their pregnancy arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I am shocked at this! Are they for real? I cant believe they dont realise how lucky they are, we would give our right arm to 'suffer' like this!
Inconsiderate and ungrateful. Wish there was a dislike button on fb!

Omg, that's shocking! You poor thing having to read all that :nope:

Some people are so self obesessed and don't give a second thought to others :hugs: xxx

She is entitled to have a little moan at times I think. I've had a moan today because I've been told my baby may either have kidney problems (or deformities we're not sure yet) or that he/she may die :( Sometimes it's really hard to enjoy pregnancy, especially after a loss (not sure if your friend has, just saying).

:hugs: I know how you feel though girls, don't think I'm insensitive now I'm pregnant. I remember the heartache off LTTTC after a loss :(

I find that a bit hard to read too. I still get angry that one of my pregnant friends didn't want her baby at first even though she's now really excited about it--it just makes me mad that it took her months to get to that point. Maybe I'm being unfair and I know she's allowed to feel that way. If she only wanted 2 kids then I can see a third being a shock. I just don't want to hear about it!

Saying that, Facebook is public but it's also about self-expression. If she wants to moan then she can. The little poem does say she's grateful for the child. There are many little things about pregnancy I don't like but whenever I feel crabby about it I remind myself that this is what I wanted and in the end I'm just happy and grateful. My main complaints have to deal with the complications I've been having and the fears that come with a pregnancy after a loss. I keep these off of Facebook though...

Facebook does allow you to hide people's updates without actually deleting them. So, for the time being it might be best to hide her updates and just avoid her page.

I read it and thought it was someone whining about pregnancy. I agree that it is a hard thing to read if you have had a m/c.
As starry night said you can hide her comments.

I did that to a friend of mine after getting sick of her rub-in-your-face comments about her fiancee & work and I thought she crossed the line when she said "Hurry up old teachers and retire. LOL." Just because she just got out of teaching college a few months ago and is only getting temp work. I thought it was rude of her and that she didn't understand it can take up to three or four years of temping to get a full time position.

As said if you don't want to read your friend's updates then hide them. Saves you a lot of heart ache.

I'd find it hard if one of my friends posted that. My sister in law got pregnant first month trying and is now about 28 weeks. She's constantly moaning to me and on facebook which I find hard given my recent loss. That said, I honestly don't think you can understand what it's like unless you've been through it... so I don't think anyone is rubbing anyone's nose in it - they simply don't know.

For example, I was one of the first among my friends to get engaged. I was happy and excited and it was totally unexpected. I didn't realise until later that it upset a couple of my friends because they desperately wanted their boyfs to propose... I was so excited and focused on my wedding that it literally didn't cross my mind that I might be making others feel bad.

If I ever get pregnant with a healthy baby I genuinely hope I'll be the most sensitive preggo around!

thankyou ladies this had just gone from bad to worse. Wish now I had never commented on it but as you all will know how it is, I was and am having a few bad days. Its now turned (on her part) into a public slagging match. which is made even harder by the fact she does not know about my miscarriage.

Seems to me to be another case of someone who doesn't know how lucky they truly are. I am sure she just doesn't get it. If she had experienced even one loss, she wouldn't post such sillyness. I have blocked a lot of my pg "friends" on FB. It just saves me a lot of pain and frustration.

Debzie -Could you tell your friend about your miscarriage?

I remember someone on this site said that she started finding it easier to deal with her MC once she allowed herself to tell people, and I have found that the case as well..

Perhaps if you told your friend she would understand your feelings better and it may help you out too..

cant believe it...
i havnt told all people about my loss so i know how u feel hun

After she messages me full of anger i told her about my miscarriage N

Not only yhat but the fact that i would be to the day. as far on into her pregnancy as she is now. Sihe will now be moresensitive to ehat she puts onto her status. Thanks again ladies. I think i will have to start telling people about my loss. I yjink keeping it bottled up has led to these bad days. X

Yeah she has removed her status. Just wish more peple could be more sensitive to others.

I'm glad things seem to have resolved between the two of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->