I QUIT. Rant, incase I was too subtle.

CassieSims

Reaction score
That's it! I'm done! Im calling time of death on this thing! Ugh! Can't I just be like a cat or something? I thought I read somewhere that they're only pregnant for weeks, maybe a couple months. Why can't that be me? :(

I don't have any right to complain, I haven't had any complications, no major stretch marks, none of the stuff that happens to women in the third trimester that makes you go "aw that poor girl". Really I've been quite lucky, but I'm still SO SICK of being pregnant. I don't want to get tired so easily, I don't want to be bored because I'm on maternity leave from school, I don't want to be the boring woman who talks about her dog constantly. Because that's literally ALL I'm doing is spoiling the s**t out of my dog, she is getting SO much attention because I don't have anything going on! I am bored. I am exhausted. I am impatient. If I don't give birth soon I am going to go insane.

Oh dear but you don't want to give birth yet, surely? You are only 33 and a bit weeks along! Try to find something to do to pass the time (otherwise I agree, it gets boring) even if it's just popping to a cafe for a hot chocolate, sitting in the library reading (where there are others around) or if you're still able to manage it, taking some walks. I got quite bored last time round but this time round I'm enjoying it so much more because I know that once the baby arrives I will be BLOOMING KNACKERED. Nothing could have prepared me for the exhaustion I felt due to the sleep deprivation. Now I know what's coming so I am enjoying getting some things done round the house, watching some box sets whilst my daughter is at nursery and spending time with said daughter when she isn't at nursery (even though she is very demanding and exhausts me!). Hats off to all the ladies who are heavily pregnant and have small demanding children at home all day every day - I am so glad I can send mine to nursery!

No you're right, intellectually I know that it's better for this baby to stay in as long as possible, but emotionally I'm having a very hard time coming to terms with 7 more weeks of this. I probably just need to get out more..

keep yourself busy re wash baby clothes and organise the nursery a million times if you want to lol, meet your friends, go shopping, watch tons of tv because believe me when lo comes you wont even know what day it is, I have the flu at the moment and would love to spend the whole day doing nothing and feeling sorry fro myself, its only 9 am and ive already shed tears because I feel crap, and had a run in with a screaming toddler for hitting me and spitting at me which he only does to me and when his daddy isn't home, cant wait til oh gets home at 4.30 so I can go to bed.

:hugs:. How come your on maternity leave? Is there no way they'd let you do even part time? if not I would see if there is something else you can do like volunteer somewhere even just for a couple of hours a day. I think being at home so early would send anyone a bit loopy!

Thanks ladies, I know that I have a great problem compared to some of the ones I could have. Bouncey I applaud you! I don't know that I could run after a LO all day..

I'm on maternity leave from school because the semester doesn't end until April and I'm due March 15th, I couldn't take the finals early so I would have failed my classes or had to try and do them while heavily pregnant/with a newborn. It's not that I'm not doing anything, I shop, I cook, clean, I work part-time, I've gotten everything ready for the baby, I'm exercising with my dog a lot, lots of walks and trips to the dog park... I'm even volunteering at a teen mom support group and met some great women there. But I just don't know. I feel so restless and lonely... I can't explain it.

I found it hard adjusting last time to having 'free' time as I couldn't think of any time in my life that I'd had 'free' time in the same way. I'd been at school, then at university, then working full-time and suddenly 'bang!' - no work! I went to a few exhibitions and things during the day and went out into town, even if it was just to have a quick look round the shops and sit in the cafe and have a cup of tea.

I do sympathise as there is something about the 'oh heck, another seven weeks' that can feel a bit miserable. I had an awful pregnancy last time and had to finish work at 33 weeks and then went 12 days overdue so by the time I had the baby I'd been off work for two months - and had nobody to meet up with during the day as none of my family lives close by and all my friends were at work. This time it's easier as I have some mummy friends who are already on maternity leave with their babies (friends I made last time round who are now on baby number 2).

Hope you manage to find some ways to fill your days. Maybe try starting a hobby or something like that? I wrote a short story for my daughter the other day as a way to pass the time!

I can totally relate. I miss being my normal active self. I'm either too tired, too sore, too grumpy from being too tired and too sore, or just plain blah. I want to lay on my tummy in my pre-pregnancy clothes while holding my bladder in for 8 hours. I miss running up my stairs to get my cell phone I left in my bedroom instead of dragging my newly big butt up each step.

I miss running after my toddler on the playground and following him on the slide even when there's signs clearly stating "no persons over 12 on playground" :muaha:

I miss having more to talk about than the same,"yes it's a girl, the due date is in march, and yes this is my last pregnancy, no you can't touch my belly."

I'm bored. Bored. Bored. Bored.

I'm greatful for the beautiful blessing growing inside me and saddened that a lot of couples are desperately trying to conceive and would love to be pregnant and won't complain, BUT I'm over being pregnant.

I have no sympathy from my hubby and two children when I ask for more help with laundry or need to stop a lot to use the bathroom "sorry, guys, momma has to pee again," to see everyone roll their eyes. :cry:

Wow. I went on a rant there. Sorry. I'm better now. :flower:

Could you maybe get a reading list for next semester and do some of the reading just to get ahead? I'm did it will help a lot when you go back.

I can totally relate. I miss being my normal active self. I'm either too tired, too sore, too grumpy from being too tired and too sore, or just plain blah. I want to lay on my tummy in my pre-pregnancy clothes while holding my bladder in for 8 hours. I miss running up my stairs to get my cell phone I left in my bedroom instead of dragging my newly big butt up each step.

I miss running after my toddler on the playground and following him on the slide even when there's signs clearly stating "no persons over 12 on playground" :muaha:

I miss having more to talk about than the same,"yes it's a girl, the due date is in march, and yes this is my last pregnancy, no you can't touch my belly."

I'm bored. Bored. Bored. Bored.

I'm greatful for the beautiful blessing growing inside me and saddened that a lot of couples are desperately trying to conceive and would love to be pregnant and won't complain, BUT I'm over being pregnant.

I have no sympathy from my hubby and two children when I ask for more help with laundry or need to stop a lot to use the bathroom "sorry, guys, momma has to pee again," to see everyone roll their eyes. :cry:

Wow. I went on a rant there. Sorry. I'm better now. :flower:

Yes! Exactly! Thank you! I feel bad for complaining because I know I am truly blessed with this baby and it seems selfish when some women would give anything to be in my shoes... Heck, I was one of those women last year! And as a PP said, it is very hard to adjust to "free time". What even is that? I had no idea until now that it's not as great as it seems. I was so happy at Christmas time to be done with school for the moment as I was totally exhausted and having a hard time keeping up. But now I just feel lazy :( I want to contribute more to my family! My SO has been very sick and still going to work, and I feel guilty when he comes home and I have nothing to contribute except for what I did with the dog today..

I picked up a bunch of extra shifts at work so I'm hoping that will help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->