I really don't want to do this

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
I am DREADING our wedding. I want to marry df very much so but I hate what this day has become. It's just too big and overbearing. I'm over it. Sadly we have put deposits down on our hall and our photographer and I just feel so stuck. DF' are paying for it and then we are paying them back so we really can't just jump ship (which I would if it were us paying) I won't even know half the people on the guest lest :( I would rather run off and get married on vacation honestly. I hate all of this! :cry: started as 200 guests, then 220 and now we are at 280-290 :dohh: I'm so done.

It's all his family. They are a much larger family and they invite all their extended cousins. Plus we are getting married in a catholic church and I am NOT catholic! :dohh:

that is such a shame for you it shud be one of the happiest days. have you spoken to oh and said its too many people, put your foot down and explain how you feel ? try not let it get you down think of the positives such as an amazing atmosphere a busy dance floo. lots of people to see your beautiful dress. x

Awww thanks! What a positive way to see it :hugs

I am DREADING our wedding. I want to marry df very much so but I hate what this day has become. It's just too big and overbearing. I'm over it. Sadly we have put deposits down on our hall and our photographer and I just feel so stuck. DF' are paying for it and then we are paying them back so we really can't just jump ship (which I would if it were us paying) I won't even know half the people on the guest lest :( I would rather run off and get married on vacation honestly. I hate all of this! :cry: started as 200 guests, then 220 and now we are at 280-290 :dohh: I'm so done.

think of all the gifts you will get, err i mean think about how happy you will be when you ..... :wedding:

I know its not exactly the same, but maybe you could take off and have a blessing (on honeymoon maybe?) would be a bit more intimate for you :) xx

If you are really that unhappy, I would be putting my foot down and telling OH how you are feeling.

I wanted just me and OH. I've not the patience or love of attention to be up there with everyone watching us! However I know that OH wanted his mum and my dad wanted to be there too.

Soo...I know that I couldnt cope with a long time arranging it either. So 8 weeks we've organised it with 40 guests. The guests are family and there are around 16 that are from OH work, but he only has his parents and one brother so :shrug:

Its about compromise, but at the minute, it seems to be you that are making all the sacrifices. I would talk to your OH about it :hugs:

Yeah. We sat and talked and made a better plan for our future and everything. Also DF told me that as long as everything goes ok with his job hunt and he finds a good enough job we can start TTC in June!!! :happydance: Then once I am pregnant I get to be a SAHM :D

Ohh this made me feel really sad :( I honestly think that if your really not happy then it's only deposits at the end of the day! I hate people trying to get involved with the littlest thing or telling me to invite the odd person let alone your whole wedding being taken over :(

I'm so glad you've sat and talked about it and your feeling better about it all! And yaaayyyy for TTC and being a SAHM :happydance:

Soooo.... I finally got my way! :happydance: We are doing immediate family only and then a small reception in the in laws gorgeous spacious backyard and then taking the money we would have spent and renting condos in Orlando and doing one huge family vacation!!!! :D

Soooo.... I finally got my way! :happydance: We are doing immediate family only and then a small reception in the in laws gorgeous spacious backyard and then taking the money we would have spent and renting condos in Orlando and doing one huge family vacation!!!! :D

Yeah!!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you. Do it right. Do it your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->