i really need a diet buddy!

S

Siyren

i just have no will power! ive actually gained 2 stone since i had lyssa, and i have around 4 and a half stone to lose all in all to get back to my pre pregnancy weight!
and i dont even know how to go about doing it, aside from the obvious junk foods is there any foods i should try avoiding
should i stick to just three meals a day, or are healthy snacks important for metabolism!
heeeelp!

I need to loose 3-4 stone! I'll be your buddy!

I am back to my pre pregnancy weight but I already had weight to loose before I fell pregnant. I'm finding it hard to loose the weight while bf and while I am doing pretty well with saying no to junk food I keep craving carbs :dohh:

Do you have a goal or timeframe for loosing the weight? I am hoping to loose 1kg per week.I have two weddings next year in April and May and I want to loose weight to look and feel good at the weddings.

I could do with a buddy too. I have a good 3st to lose I reckon until I'm back to the size & weight I was at my happiest :( x

ooooh we could be a group :)
how much is a kilo in pounds?
i'd like to have lost the lot by next september but i dont know how reasonable that is, or how to do it!

I'll be your buddy :)

I think it's something like 2.2 kilos to the pound? Or that's how I've always worked it out :haha:

I lost 3 stone on Slimming World but stopped it about 2 years ago as it was so time consuming and costly, they wanted to charge me £5 every time I missed a meeting - Tssh! I then put on 1 1/2st when I met my OH so it's time to get back into shape.

I've lost 7lb in the last 2 weeks so I am doing something right lol, I need to loose on average another 5st though :wacko: yes I am a larger lady (You've probably seen from my Facebook pictures).

The key thing to dieting is eating 3 meals a day, low in saturated fat and sugar, small portions and exercise :thumbup: I've swapped a lot of meat products to Quorn or meat free produce and I eat a lot of couscous now with vegetables. To snack I have fruit, small portion of nuts, fat free yoghurts and I eat French Fries as they are lower in fats than most crisp :)

I was always told by my Slimming World rep never to deny yourself of things as it will just make you give up. So if I want a piece of cake, I'll have a piece but not go wild.

Good Luck :flower:

I'll be your buddy :)

I think it's something like 2.2 kilos to the pound? Or that's how I've always worked it out :haha:

I lost 3 stone on Slimming World but stopped it about 2 years ago as it was so time consuming and costly, they wanted to charge me £5 every time I missed a meeting - Tssh! I then put on 1 1/2st when I met my OH so it's time to get back into shape.

I've lost 7lb in the last 2 weeks so I am doing something right lol, I need to loose on average another 5st though :wacko: yes I am a larger lady (You've probably seen from my Facebook pictures).

The key thing to dieting is eating 3 meals a day, low in saturated fat and
sugar, small portions and exercise :thumbup: I've swapped a lot of meat products to Quorn or meat free produce and I eat a lot of couscous now with vegetables. To snack I have fruit, small portion of nuts, fat free yoghurts and I eat French Fries as they are lower in fats than most crisp :)

I was always told by my Slimming World rep never to deny yourself of things as it will just make you give up. So if I want a piece of cake, I'll have a piece

but not go wild.

Good Luck :flower:

Hi there, it's 2.2 lbs to the kilo :flower:

i just came across you thread and didnt want to read and run i dont need to loose weight but have spent years at ballet school doing nutrion ect. the best way to loose weight is to eat 5 small meals a day. you need to eat lots of grain pulses protien and cut back on sugar carbs ect. replace you white for brown bread pasta ect. your meals should only be the size of the palm of your hand. things like oat cakes are good to snack on you could make hommous. good luck if you need any recipes or tips just pm me

Sorry for the appallingly late reply, but I'm up for starting a little group!

I'd ideally like to lose 3st, maybe more :(

What's the plan of attack then!? :lol: x

Can I join! :( I lost 3 1/2 stone since having LO.. BUT I think I've put on a stone since having her sigggh...so I prob have like 1 1/2 stone to loose. Can I join?!

I wanna join to please. Could we have a little group? That sounds exciting. Share tips, weekly weight ins, good exercises, meal ideas and generally cheering each other on. I have around 3.5 stone to lose. Im rubbish. Shell we do it?

Hi ill join too great timing!! Ive just started a strict low carb diet with my hubby that his gym gave us and am just about to embark on a fitness plan that im just going to do myself at home, i have one fitness DVD that i have purchased so far and am going to hire some from our local library and video store too to see what i like before i buy anymore. Going to walk as much as i can too.

I want to loose prob 2 stone or around 15kg if i can and u work how many kg's into stones by multiplying by 2.2 then dividing answer by 14 :)

Ill be game and post my starting weight of 84kg or 13.2 stone :( I was around 68kg before i got pregnant......I do have big boobs tho so some of it is them :haha:

Here is a copy of our menu plan....we have to stick to this for 8 weeks...then reassess we have been doing it for 2 days so far but afterwards with a bit of leniency its going to be a long term eating plan.

Ill mix it up so we dont get bored ie - different soups, salads, dressings etc. And the meat and salad rye wrap can be chicken, tuna or ham and either ham or salmon in the omlette on wed

Attachments

• mp.jpg
    mp.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 9
Oooh thanks for that :thumbup: I've been looking everywhere for a good low carb/high protein plan to follow.

Where it says soup, what kind? I'm guessing low calorie types, and one's without potatoes and such? x

Yep try and avoid potatoes, i made a pumpkin soup tonight sooo yummy. Minestrone was also recommended (we got given a recipe book too with some tasty meals. i got it as an excel spread sheet to get me started but i thought id type up one for myself. By sticking to the same menu i know what we are having each day of the week, just with variations on some of the ingredients. Must be organised to avoid a run to the take away shop for a hamburger lol

Heres the Gwinganna Thai chicken salad i made last night from the recipe book it was to die for!!

yumm was so proud i took a pic and posted it on fb lol

Attachments

• 326444_2632137961319_1191506877_3157600_1559348638_o.jpg
    326444_2632137961319_1191506877_3157600_1559348638_o.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 6
Yeh that's a really good idea, I need to write out a proper shopping list and only buy things that are on it! And make a plan, you're right, it does help to be organised. I'll do that today, I'm a bit excited now :lol:

Your dinner looks amazing, my mouth is actually watering :rofl: hat's gwinganna? Is that an ingredient, or just the name of the dish? x

All the best!!!!

Na Gwinganna is just the name but OMG the dish was amazing.....Ill put the recipe up later when i get home if u like :) x

Gwinganna Thai Chicken Salad

INGREDIENTS

2 large limes, juice and some zest
1 small knob of ginger grated
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 Thai chilli chopped
15gms palm sugar
1 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce
200g green paw paw (i used mango)
150g carrot, peeled and grated
¼ head of wombok (Chinese cabbage) shredded
100g bean sprouts
4 large sprigs mint and basil chopped coarsely
50g macadamia nuts, slightly toasted
250g organic chicken breasts, skinless

METHOD

Combine lime, sugar, soy sauce, chilli, ginger, garlic and half the chopped herbs for dressing. Mix all raw ingredients with some dressing.
Marinate the chicken with some of the dressing for 1-2 hours.
Steam or gently bake chicken for 10-12 minutes, cool slightly and slice.
Arrange salad on a plate, top with the chicken, drizzle with herbs, some dressing and chopped macadamias

I also added sliced red onion to the salad :)

Enjoy!!!

Yesterday i made the yummiest Pumpkin soup too u have to give this a try, really easy too :)

Creamy Pumpkin Soup

INGREDIENTS (serves 6)

2 tbs olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 leek, white part only, finely sliced (i used spring onion)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1kg peeled pumpkin, diced
1L chicken or vegetable stock
1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream

METHOD

Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat, add onion and leek and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured. Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin and stock and bring to the boil. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then blend in batches.
Return soup to pan, stir through cream and reheat gently. Season and add a little more nutmeg if desired. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve

Tonight we are having Fillet steak with red wine jus and vegetable Rostis!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->