I really need some advice

lisrad

Reaction score
hi, i'm new over here and really need some advice.
I have had it confirmed that my pregnancy is non viable and the scans have shown an empty sac in my womb. They are concerned however that this is a suedo sac and really my pregnancy is ectopic seeing as my hcg levels are still increasing (just not increasing enough)
they have offered me methotrexate, but i dont want to wait 6 months before i can even try again so they are saying my other option is laproscopic surgery to see where it is and remove it... has anyone had this surgery? so many questions i have to ask the doc tomorrow but just wanted a wee bit of info in the hope i might be able to get some sleep tonight instead of my mind racing with questions!!

I haven't had this surgery, but I think you should ask your doctors if there are any other diagnostics they can run before introducing any kind of surgery. Can they do another sensitive ultrasound to check your fallopian tubes? I think that if you knew for sure that you had an ectopic pregnancy, then surgery would be a very sensible choice, but if it's exploratory... that makes it harder.

I'm so sorry you've had this sad news, and even sorrier that you might be in the delicate position of ectopic pregnancy. Wish there were more I could say to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->