I REALLY want a waterbirth

xsadiex

Reaction score
It's very appealing to me but I'm scared that at the hospital the birth pools will all be being used already and I won't get the birth I want.
Has anyone given birth at Leeds LGI?

If I can not be guaranteed a waterbirth a homebirth with a rented tub sounds more appealing I think, the tubs seem to be rather expensive though! What to do? :shrug: I know it's early days but I can't help think about this.

I don't think there is any way you can make sure you do get a pool :nope: I was lucky and nobody around here seemed to want a water birth at our hospital :dohh:

They are expensive though there are some out there that are great deals!! Sure MM will have all the info on them. You can either rent or buy one? But you have so much time you could just put some money in a pot each week and you will have it in no time?

There are lots fo ways you can get a pool at home, and it doesn't have to be expensive.

Some Homebirths group will hire one to you (for example my home birth group hires them out for the whole of the 5 weeks from 37-42 weeks for just £30 which lincludes everything you need.
or
You can buy them second hand on e-bay for around £50. This is where I got mine, and I'm going to use it for my second baby too. https://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_fro...313&_nkw=birth+pool&_sacat=See-All-Categories
or
You could try to use a paddling pool - but I would say the depth a birthing pool can offer you is brilliant.

Xxx

I am the same as you, I am having a home birth to make sure I can have a water birth. I am going for the more expensive hiring of the tub with the water that is ready and heated, I don't like the idea of the faffing around filling the pool when in labour and keeping it at temperature.
x

I have supported births at LGI and like lots of hospitals actually getting to use the pool can be problematic unfortunately :(

The Leeds home birth group do have access to some loan pools so have a look here at the Facebook group. The next meeting is Sunday :)
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=485151625493

Aqua births are the local hire place for ridged pools and are excellent although I've never actually worked with one of their pools but other local doulas have.
https://www.aquabirthsathome.co.uk/

Xx

Guys thank you so much for your help!
Thanks for the links mervs mum, i'll have a look :)

Aquabirths at home look great, much cheaper than the ones i'd found myself, looks like it will be a realistic option.

i checked with my hospital about what their rate of take up on the pools was and they said that if i phoned in early labor to tell them that i wanted a pool when i did come in that they would put other people in all the other rooms other than the pool rooms if possible, all the birthing rooms in the unit have a bath anyway and they have always promised that if a pool is in use but im not near giving birth that i can use the bath then they will do as quick a turn around on the pool rooms as they can to get one for me. thankfully i tend to labor in the night so might just get my chance since apparently less women want waterbirths at night lol, im not too worried ive had the head of MW's there tell me if push came to shove i could give birth in the bath hehe which i would be ok with if nessacary

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->