I really want to be back here *sigh*

cliqmo

Reaction score
Hiya everyone :flower:

Just popped in for a mini rant really :wacko: I can't believe 5mths after our MMC DH is still reluctant to start TTC again insisting "it's not the right time" because of various changes in his work etc... I know in my head he is probably right, but my heart is desperate to start a little family ...and I can't help thinking if we'd gone to full term with our first pregnancy we'd have to cope with the changes and a little one anyway, so what's the difference now?? :shrug:

Like I said, just a little rant really- probably because the due date is coming up in a few weeks and when we had the MMC I never imagined for a second we wouldn't be pregnant again by the time that came round :nope:

Thanks for reading xxx

I'm so sorry dear. Have you talked to DH recently about how you are feeling?

I'm so sorry :hugs:

Have you really sat down and talked things out with him? Like really went over how you were feeling?

And I know how it is with the due date coming up. I think we were right around the same weeks along, and found out about our MMC on the same day. It never gets any easier. I find myself pretty down about the due date coming up.

Big :hugs: to you.

hi Cliqmo, good to see you back - we spoke on the MC threads as had our MMC around the same time.
that is a tough situation
maybe telling him about how long it might take again will convince him to start now....
hope you are ok
xxxxx

Thank you for your lovely replies, the people on this forum are so wonderfully supportive.

I have mentioned how keen I am to start trying again now (it took 5mths to conceive last time) but I can't seem to get past his cool hard logic that it would be best to wait until after next April when we will know when / what / where his job is doing. Hmmpf.

Hope everyone actively TTC is doing well?? Have you guys got high hopes for this cycle?? :dust:

I totally know where you are coming from ,it's so hard. I had an ectopic last June and my husband has just agreed that we can TTC in a couple of weeks. We had a lot of heated discussions about it and lots of tears on my side and its so hard just not knowing. I can't believe we are this far on and i'm still not even pregnant again!

Hope you guys can work through it.

cliqmo- I remember you from the threads too ... I can nto put myself in your place.. I could not imagine the turmoil you are going through now. I do not have advice for you but I did not want to read and leave either.
I hope you can be here with us ttc soon.

This is my story of bad timing that may help::
My husband and I had our first MC many moons ago and we changed our lives big time afterwards... we lived in a remote northern villiage and we both quit our jobs (hard to leave bc $$ was great) and moved home (family and medical care was more important than $$)... we then were living with family and no jobs etc... LOL.. that was fun.. I never really stopped trying... we never actively tried.. i did nto know how to then..lol.
So my hubby went back to school (3 years) and I was back to work, bought a home and that is when our BFP came... 9 months later i was on maternity leave 60% of pay for 1 year and my hubby was still in school.... We had investments and hubby had scholorships and bursaries we did fine but IT WAS HARD!!! but you know what.. our little baby girl had everything she needed and wanted and we were so happy... Now looking back My husband graduated and was hired on with the choice of company he wanted whiel on Mat leave I spent time carreer cruising and found a road taking me into a fantastic career.
Our lives would have been different if we waited and I went back to school with my husband instead of ttc...BUT it all worked out in better ways than we could have thought... kind of like having the cake and eating it too!!! That is how we feel.

Share this with your hubby maybe that can help... :)

I really know what you means about the due date coming up. We are still ttc conceive and I never expected for a second that I wouldnt be pregnant by now. My friend was pregnant at the same time as me and we were due on the same day! She now has a gorgeous baby girl and I've still not been able to go and visit them yet. I feel awful about it but I just dont think I could cuddle her without getting upset.

On the plus side, since my due date has passed I've felt much more positive, like, I'm not trying to replace the baby I lost and I feel like I'm looking forwards a bit more instead of backwards.

I think you really need to talk to your OH and explain your feelings. He is a man after all and they just dont think in the same ways we do! lol xxx

Thank you for sharing your stories, and helping me to realise that these feelings are not so uncommon!

On your advice I will chat to DH, but not holding out much hope that I can simply 'talk him into' such a big decision :shrug:

Gah!! ...it worked!! Who knew talking candidly about what is really important to you could be so effective??! :happydance: Thanks heaps for the advice xxx

Gah!! ...it worked!! Who knew talking candidly about what is really important to you could be so effective??! :happydance: Thanks heaps for the advice xxx

YAYYY!! I'm so super happy for you that you're back to TTC!! Hope you get lucky this first month!!

Thanks Tweak!! How are things going with you? ...just read your Journal- very very very best of luck for this cycle!!! xxxx

Thanks Tweak!! How are things going with you? ...just read your Journal- very very very best of luck for this cycle!!! xxxx

Thanks hun! I'm doing okay. Good days and bad days; bad days are more often with the due date coming up. But it gets better I guess. I don't even know what's up with my body now; I'm praying I had implantation cramping yesterday, but who knows.

Hi!! I'd like to tell you both to take the due date as what it is, just a date and don't focus too much on that. In my case I managed to have my 2nd mc when my first, that ended up also in mc, was due. And to be honest, I thought of it as a coincidence and nothing more. There's no point hurting ourselves more and more over something we cannot change. Just think positive about your cycles & about getting your BFP's very soon.

All the best ladies!!

XX

Yeah cliqmo........ glad u r back

Fingers crossed for all you lovely ladies - and thanks again for the advice x

Isn't it great getting things off your chest? My due date was 8/6 and I got my AF on 8/6! How ironic, right? I was an utter basket case and I was so upset all weekend. Now, feeling better about things and ready to TTC again. Hang in there. There may be some wisdom in your DH's logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->