I should really listen better......

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Kayleigh is going to the next school in September. It's classed as a technical college, it was just a high school when I was there many moons ago!

She told me a few weeks ago that she had been put forward for a 'special' course. She's super intelligent and has been nominated for stuff before. She said it was an Excel course, and would involve a week away during the year and also missing some of her other lessons, and that she would have to be interviewed for it. I was really confused as to why, but didn't think too much about it, or ask her any other questions.

Well, she came home yesterday with her acceptance letter. It's not excel - it's XL. And to be precise - the Princes Trust XL Course!!! It's 3 hours a week for 2 years, including a full week away - all paid for!

I've looked on the site and it says it's for young people facing difficulties in education, so I've just rang the school to ask why, and she has said that Kayleigh has been identified as a very intelligent girl, but one who is easily lead. So they have put her on this course in the hope that she will not 'go off the rails' and waste her skills and talent! They have done it in the past with other pupils the same, and they have all ended up straight A students!!!!!

I think it's absolutely wonderful that the school are taking such an interest in her education and trying to do something that I have been unable to succeed in. I'm so pleased for her, and so proud!

wow! u must b so happy for her! thts really gr8 tht her school is taking an interest in its pupils and wanting whats best for them!

:hugs: That is great. I wish our education system over here was a bit better.

Thats great that she is being encouraged like that. I think the problem is that more gifted children often arnt challenged and motivated enough by normall lessons so they play up cause they lose interest. Hopefully this will encourage her more and inspire her.

Hope it goes well for her!

Aw well done Kayleigh. That's brilliant for her!

Wow that is great news .. well done Kayleigh .. you must be very proud of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->