• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I soooo need sleep

Caroline

Proud Mum of 4
Reaction score
For the past week Kayleigh has been waking at least once a night, its either once at 4.30 am, or twice at 3am and 5am. She always has a feed of 20-30 mins.

I'm exhausted 'cos on the days i'm working i'm up at 6am to express and she often wants a feed too.

I'm at a loss what to do.

Last night/today it was 3.30, 5.15, 8am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 8-10pm.

How many weeks is she? Alex went through a massive growth spurt at around 15 weeks that lasted about a week, he was feeding really regularly. Hope you get some sleep tonight, I know how awful it is :( I feel bad for complaining cos I don't work! Alex and Kayleigh are really similar :)

Frankie is doing this at the moment, sometimes she sleeps through other days she wakes twice. She is eating 3 meals a day, but doesn't like haveing milk during the day and then drinks like a fish at night. She sleeps better atthe weeked than during the week when I'm at work.

She will be 15 weeks on Tuesday. I really hope it is a growth spurt.

She's still hungry tonight. Sh'e normally zonked by 10.30, put her down tonight and she's screaming blue murder, got her up and she's attacking me as if she ain't been feed for a week. Hope this means she'll sleep tonight.

I needed a caffeine drip on Saturday at work, i was shatterred. I was up at 2.30 and 4.30 then had to get up at 6:cry:

Lynnie, i sometimes think they can sense how u r feeling, and are aware that u more tense when working so play up more.

awww hun i hope it improves for you soon

xxx

I would say growth spurt to you too Caroline.

You poor thing,I know this is naughty but could she have some baby rice. I now give this just the once a day and it has made a tremendous difference,sleeping hasnt changed but then Amelia is lazy-bones like me but it has stopped the day time bertie-beetroots for feeding.

I do sympathise as i know when I go back in 7 weeks Amelia will start teething and have me up then all night lol if she is anyhing like her sister.

take care sweetie

bex

Last night was no better, woke up at 4.15 for 1/2 hour feed, then again at 7.45 for feed for 1.5 hour. She didn't go down til 11.30 either.

This has gone on for a week now. She is due to see hv on Friday so if still unsettled i'll get OH to speak to her.

If she is still waking by the weekend (it'll be 2 weeks of waking at night) i will maybe try a bit of rice at tea time or lunchtime as she'll be nearly 16 weeks but will see what hv says first.

Caroline I have given Melie the Sunshine banana and she loves it also health visitor said good choice as Melie hates the baby rice (and who can blame her?)

I really hope things pick up soon and I truely believe this is one hell of a growth spurt.

bex

Am hoping it is a growth spurt and settles soon , but i really can't cope much longer, next week i'm up to working 4 days a week.

oh poor you well hopefully all will be good by then I am crossing fingers for you. "kayleigh you go to sleep for your mum and be a good girl" Bet she will be good as gold when she is teething.

bex

hope soo, she's sucking on her hand loads at the mo.

This so not funny, i gotta go work tomorrow and Kayleigh still munching, i hope she will sleep but no doubt she'lll be up atthe usual 4 am.:cry::cry::cry:

Aww hun i would seriously give her some kinda baby food or you'll never sleep!!

i was a bad mum ... i let maddie have sunshine banana at 12wks :O

xxx

Tesco delivering baby rice tomorrow, someone will be having supper once they been, just hope its nearer to 7pm than 9.

I found maddie would never eat baby rice ....

Im even having to bribe my DD to drink milk ....

By turning it into milkshakes :S

xxx

All mine have been milk monsters, Gabriel used to be a nightmare we could have done with a cow in the garden.

If she doesn't like rice i have apples to stew and puree, and will do a veg shop on wed if needed.

Maddie hates her milk ...

its lactose free :S

xxx

Maddie hates her milk ...

its lactose free :S

xxx
eww don't blame, was told to try Gabriel with soya milk once and that was vile.

Well last night got to bed at 11.45pm and was up again at 3.45 for 30 mins.

I have given her a few spoons of very runny rice and will see how she goes, she had extra bottle of milk today as well and cried for more, cried herself to sleep by time OH had defrosted some.

I'm sure it's a growth spurt Caroline, Alex was the same. He's a bit more settled but it's still anyones guess how he'll go at night. At the moment he's been taking hte same bottle of EBM for a 2.5 hours and I'm really pissed off.

its a nightmare she's gone from sleeping from 10-7, to sleeping 10-4, or 10-2.30, 3-5, to 12-4, 4,30-6-30, i'm exhausted , plus when i'm home she on boob all day, today had 4 bottles ebm and wanted more. She's been feeding most ofthis evening except when having tea, she sat in her chair and drooled.

How long did Alex's growth spurt last Kina, cos i don't think i can take much more. She''s been like this now for 2 weeks. I gave her a few spoons of sloppy rice and i'm hoping it will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"