I still feel pregnant...

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
I had a m/c on 7th October but still feel pregnant. I'm all spotty, exhausted, random bouts of nausea, hellish mood swings and bloated so bad. I havent tested as i was devastated when it happened (still am) . I couldnt have fallen pregnant again that quick i would be having symptoms so what's going on? Does it usually take this long for symptoms to stop? xxx

How do you know for sure you had a miscarriage? Did a doctor confirm with an ultrasound? I'm not sure how long it takes after a miscarriage for your body and hormones to go back to normal. I had a miscarriage once where I was bleeding a lot and cramping and I went to a doctor within a day or two and a pregnancy test was negative. I got pregnant again within a couple months and the baby stuck that time. I wish I had answers for you hun, hugs. Maybe someone has a better answer.

All the doctor did was look at my pad and confirmed it was a m/c from that. He didnt refer me for an ultrasound or that. Could there be something wrong? Would it worthwhile going back to the doctor or would he just think im nuts? xxxx

Well, I have known quite a few ladies who have had first trimester bleeding, even heavy bleeding making them think it was a miscarriage and it wasn't. If he didn't do an ultrasound or further testing you might still be pregnant. I don't want you to have false hope though, I had a phantom pregnancy last year and I had all the pregnancy symptoms but I wasn't pregnant. Do you think you can bring yourself to take another hpt? That is the only way to know for sure. Good luck!

I would test mine went down slowly and was still in my system until my negative test about 3 weeks later I was nearly 6 weeks x

How many weeks were you? Mine passed at 6w2d and I found out at 8 weeks. I felt like rubbish for a good month while my hormones balanced out. I did have an ultrasound to confirm no heartbeat (after seeing one) and I definitely passed everything so I knew I wasn't pregnant or holding onto any tissue. Have you taken any tests? Or did they take blood to see if you have any hcg in your system? My doc did that as well after my mc to make sure everything was getting lower.

Good luck to you, it is a really sucky time!

I appear to be having a phantom pregnancy right now. I feel pregnant and my bf thinks I am but the doctors don't believe me and don't want to keep testing and everyone else who knows thinks I'm crazy! I have had progressively worsening symptoms and a progressively larger belly these past 5 weeks. I started with 4 very faint bfp off 2 brands over 3 days and have gotten nothing but negatives since, despite increasing symtpoms, including a quan test where the ob's nurse said there was no way I was pregnant (without ever telling me what the hcG level was) and an ultrasound 10 days ago (where the tech didn't even note the thickness of my uterine lining and said something to make me believe she saw a sticky bean even though it wasn't in the report). Since I'm in yr 6 of the mirena and can't get it out till my yearly next week, I'm stuck waiting at least another week to be absolutely 100% sure that I'm not pregnant and able to start ttc if I'm not. I get the unexplainable symptoms, trust me. I started producing colostrum a couple days ago on top of everything else! I hope you keep posting updates and let us all know how things ended up going. You're not alone either way; we're all here for you!! Hugs and FX for a happy ending and a sticky bean!!

Im not sure. I got a really dark deff positive test then that day i started bleeding. If i go from lmp i was 7 weeks. I tested really late as i was 3 weeks late before i got a positive with my daughter. Im guessing its all just to do with my body adjusting to changes again but its a little scary. With the amount i passed i doubt i am still pregnant. Im just worried something is up xxx

I was physically miserable for over a month and an emotional mood swing crazy town basket case for 4 months after MC

Im not sure. I got a really dark deff positive test then that day i started bleeding. If i go from lmp i was 7 weeks. I tested really late as i was 3 weeks late before i got a positive with my daughter. Im guessing its all just to do with my body adjusting to changes again but its a little scary. With the amount i passed i doubt i am still pregnant. Im just worried something is up xxx

Any update Hun?

I had a very faint positive last night which is a little darker now? I diluted one this morning too which is faint but darker too. Confused.com! Xxx

What could it be? Xx

I suppose you could be pregnant again...a new pregnancy. It has been known to happen.

But you could also still have tissue in you from your past pregnancy. Especially if you are still having symptoms. I'd definitely call your dr. They should really do an ultrasound and see what is in there. Plus some bloodwork to monitor your levels.

Best of luck, hope it is sorted out soon :flower:

Thank you! Ill phone first thing tomorrow (have to phone at 8am to get an appointment) and will see what doc says. Xxx

What could it be? Xx

I suppose you could be pregnant again...a new pregnancy. It has been known to happen.

But you could also still have tissue in you from your past pregnancy. Especially if you are still having symptoms. I'd definitely call your dr. They should really do an ultrasound and see what is in there. Plus some bloodwork to monitor your levels.

Best of luck, hope it is sorted out soon :flower:

I second this, please keep us updated!! Good luck!

There are several different things that could be going on with you but no one will know for sure till you get in for a U/S.

I have heard stories of women miscarrying but continuing to feel more pregnant and get test results positive because they were pregnant with multiples and didn't lose them all. We are all here for you and will be waiting to hear how you are and what the doctors have to say.

Update:

Spoke to GP this morning who said to take another test and if it is positive then I've to go see him, if negative then it simply means it's just my body getting over the m/c. If I continue to have issues then I've to go back. Not what I wanted but the best I can do for now as it was only a telephone consultation. Owell.

Here's this mornings test so guess it means it's just my body being a nuisance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4