I swear OPK's just don't work *update-am I about to see my first positive OPK?*

sandyhen85

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I keep using opk tests I've had a few that are clearly negative, but I keep getting ones like the picture below where its lighter than the control side, but has 1 thin strip of dark the same as the control, I'm guessing this is negative because I had a few of them 3 weeks ago and just got another tonight, but I'm confused why they come out like this....any ideas? I want to get af now and start my cycle again, but it's just not coming :-(......please ignore my signature because its wrong, I am actually late for AF

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 21
Maybe try a different brand. It took me 2 brands before I found ones that even made sense to me. I first tried the target brand and they all looked dark and then I tried the wondfo opks and same thing all dark.

I finally tried a less sensitive brand I forget the name now because I can't find them anymore but those were the ones when I had an ahh ha moment and I finally got positives. Now I'm using the babi brand from amazon and whenever I get a pos on them I also get a smiley on the digital so I totally trust them.

So I'm thinking you might have to try different brands until you find one you like.

Are you temping as well?

Maybe try a different brand. It took me 2 brands before I found ones that even made sense to me. I first tried the target brand and they all looked dark and then I tried the wondfo opks and same thing all dark.

I finally tried a less sensitive brand I forget the name now because I can't find them anymore but those were the ones when I had an ahh ha moment and I finally got positives. Now I'm using the babi brand from amazon and whenever I get a pos on them I also get a smiley on the digital so I totally trust them.

So I'm thinking you might have to try different brands until you find one you like.

Are you temping as well?

Thank you so much for your response. The one in the picture is actually a new brand that I started yesterday. i was hoping that i would see a different result with a different brand, but it was the same which is why i became frustrated :-(

unfortunately, I live in Thailand and there are only 2 brands available...boots and baby sure. It is quite hard to get deliveries as well, I have lost so much stuff in the post, so I am very reluctant to order more things online..I am now trying baby sure and currently holding my wee so that I can test today hehe.

I was temping, but fertility friend just kept saying that my temps were out of whack and didnt add up....they were proper up and down, I think because it is so hot where I live, my partner might switch the a/c on during the night, which means I'm freezing when I wake up, or I'm super hot because the fan isn't strong enough, or I feel just right.....it's very hit and miss. I was going to try again once my p arrives but do vaginal temps rather than oral, but still waiting for AF :wacko:

I started checking my cervix as of last week, didn't really think I would notice any changes, but I just got home from work and went to the toilet....checked cm, really watery...hmm that's a good sign right?! Then checked cervix, really low all of a sudden (yesterday was really high, almost couldn't reach it) the eye has also moved positions...at this point I'm thinking something must be happening, so I do an opk and its darker than I have seen before, even the control line is more prominent (attached image-what do you think compared to the one in my first post?)

so I had two bleeds in June...11th - 17th and then 26th - 3rd July I am still unsure if the second one was AF tho, as it was sooo much lighter than what I usually experience, so I still classed myself as due for my AF this week based on June 11th being my last......but from the first day of the second bleed today is day 22......so maybe it was AF and my cycle has gone to pot this month....maybe because i went back on to Metformin on June 12th!? Anyway, fingers crossed that I am finally about to ovulate, and toes crossed that I ovulate on the side where I still have a tube.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 9
Which side is the control and which is the test line?

Hi, the test line is the left, closest to the pink lid...I know it's not a positive just yet, but this is the darkest I have had and I've been testing for weeks. I changed brands a few days ago, but still got 4 faints, so when I got this today I was surprised...the control line is a really deep bold red as well....ill test again in the morning, really hope it's a positive because its been a long cycle so far

Hey! Fingers crossed your positive is in the next few hours to days. It looks like it getting there.

Well, I've just done another test although a different brand and its slightly lighter than yesterday, although I may not have held it for long enough before going to the loo as urine was very very clear/light....but I also realised that yesterday I reported that my cervix feels lower, but at ovulation doesn't it get higher? Or maybe I just don't know my positions well enough yet as I only started last week. I do know that last week cm was clumpy not dry, but certainly not stretchy and now it's really watery so that is different. Going to hold my wee for a little longer and then try another test....the oh bought these ones today and managed to find a third brand here in Thailand and much cheaper than what I've been buying....I hope they aren't hopeless though

I have attached a picture of tonight's along with yesterday's, although yesterday's is a little dried out now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 7
Ooh ooh it's getting there, held my wee for 2.5 hours, just did a test and its almost there I think....what do you think...last nights is the big one in the middle, the one from earlier is on the bottom and just now is on the top-test lines are all on the left...ive noticed that opks dry out really quickly, the one from earlier is now a purple colour instead of the red that it was earlier, does anyone else find that?

Still confused about cervix though if this is almost a positive hmmm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member