I sweat too much - and it's making me miserable!!

maz

TTC #1 since Oct 2004
Reaction score
This is a tad embarrassing, :blush: but what the heck... For the past year, I have noticed that I am one sweaty so-and-so. :hissy:

I first noticed it when I was taking clomid a year ago - which I only took for two months. I didn't worry too much about it at the time, as I knew it was a likely side effect. I only noticed sweating before that when I was doing exercise. However, it's not got any better. I am currently taking drugs for IVF, but even before I started them, I was still sweating. It's got so bad that I only wear black or white tops, and I'm noticing that even after washing my clothes they smell ... It's starting to get me down. :cry:

I've tried different shop sold deodorants - Natrel, Dove, Sure, etc - and none seem to prevent me from sweating. I don't want to be a smelly bugger, so if anyone has any tried and tested treatments, could you please let me know. I'm going to have to go and see my doctor about it, as I am fed up spending a fortune on tops that I wear for a few weeks and then throw out, and I am afraid to take my jumper / jacket off in work in case I smell and upset my colleagues...

BTW - I'm posting this in LTTTC, and Health and Wellbeing ...

I am exactly the same hun but I don't know where mine came from, since I had LO I've been really sweaty and I can't find anything that works! I've tried just about everything on the shelf in boots and nothing stops it.. I'm getting to the point where I need to bath twice a day, hope you find something that helps!

Hi doll know exactly how u feel as I suffered from the same problem, it is an actual condition known as Hyperhidrosis.

There is a solution.....you can buy a roll on from the pharmacy called Driclor, you put it on last thing at night and wash it off first thing in the morning and use ure normal deodarant during the day. It does work, I swear by it. Hopefully it works for you too. Let me know. :hug:

I've suffered from this in the past and reconmend this....

https://www.allpharmacy.com/shared/product.asp?id=37110

You can pick it up from most supermarkets, boots and chemists!

You put it on before bed (not if you've shaved that day tho!) and wash it off the next morn. You only need to apply 2-3 times a week and still use your normal deodrant spray too!!

Works a treat!

x

I've used this too. https://www.allpharmacy.com/shared/product.asp?id=37110
Works a treat!!

Thanks ladies - Driclor it is. I'm going to see if I can get some tomorrow and see how it goes ...

Oooh - thanks littlelady. Think I'll get it off ebay instead. Saves me walking to the chemist at a time when cowface is killing me slowly with a rusty teaspoon, and i have no energy from injections ...

Thanks ladies - Driclor it is. I'm going to see if I can get some tomorrow and see how it goes ...

Just be careful with this one hun. I was sensitive to it and it actually blistered my underarms. I know someone else it happened to aswell. I'm sure you'll be fine, but even if you get a tingling feeling, stop using it immediately. I use Mitchum now - only need to put it on about every 3 days or so. Great stuff.

When I was in high school one of my friends had this problem. She started putting baby powder on, and THEN deodorant. She didn't have as much as a problem after.

I use Driclor and would strongly recommend when you first use it only apply a tiny little bit and make sure you are completely dry and will be going to sleep straight afterwards as when I started using it I lathered it on and my skin was burning, inflamed, itchy like crazy then add more once you get used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->