I think Endo is the answer to why I've not been able to conceive #1...help!

VanillaSugar

LTTC after 2 Losses
Reaction score
Hi all. It's been awhile. Hubby has been away from home for 4 months now, and is finally in Techschool in the Air Force. I'll be moving next month to be with him. I'm very excited. Or was, till this morning.

Last night, I started spotting for my period much sooner than usual. About 4 days ahead of schedule. First I thought I managed to get pregnant from when I visited him in Texas for his Basic Graduation. I took a test, thinking it was implantation bleeding. But the test came back as a BFN. As usual.

This morning, I went pee, and I had some horrible cramping while using the bathroom. It's kind of become common that I have cramps while peeing and going #2 while on my period. But I knew I didn't always have it. So I got curious and I started googling.

I cam across a page describing endromitriosis. A lot of the symptoms oddly made sense for me. Pain while urinating and going #2 while on my period, along with frequent infections, irregular short cycles, and infertility. Me and Hubby have been trying for #1 for well over a year now.

My period flow is in question too. It's always very dark, and sometimes I have clotting... :( I know thats not normal...but I didn't really think it was that big of a concern.

I'm terrified to talk to my physician over this. I'm due to move next month on the 16th across the country. We'll be there till fall this year, then we move again. All that moving, and new doctors if this ends up being the true issue behind all my problems is...it's a lot to suddenly have to deal with. I don't even know truly what life would be like if I was diagnosis with it, for me personally. I'm only 22, going on 23. And I'd have it the rest of my life?

Because I want to have a baby, I can't take hormonal treatments...so the only option would be surgery. Thats...scary. And what if that doesn't even help me become pregnant? What if I end up having to get a hysterectomy? I'm only 22...

I don't know what to do. I'm at a loss here. I'm afraid to even mention it to my husband tonight when I talk to him on the phone.

Is there anyone here on the forums that I can talk to? My mother passed when I was 19, and my half sister is difficult to get a hold of at times. So I haven't yet got to ask if this is something that runs in the family. I know my sister mentioned she (my sister) had cervical cancer though.

**Edit:
I called my physicians office, and left a message that I'd like to talk to a nurse about my periods, and that I believe something is wrong. I'm very nervous. I hope I can explain why I feel that there is an underlying medical condition that is contributing to my pain, and infertility, without sounding like I'm paranoid and a hypochondriac. Though, they know from my medical records that I've suffered an unusual amount of infections, and that my periods are irregular and short... :(

I also was able to get a hold of my older sister. She said, that her and her daughters all have issues with painful periods, clotting, and ect. That I have bad genetics for it. Well. At least she has like, a bunch of children. I can't even manage to have one. :'(

So I have endometriosis. I was diagnosed thro laparoscopy surgery. If you have endo the amount of pain that comes with it I would think you would have already went to the doc. Its worse than labor to be honest when I would get my monthly. Symptoms are really extreme cramping in your lower back and front. Endo spreads when you have your monthy visits. If you think that you have it def get to your doctor because it does get worse, there is no cure, and it does cause infertility. I'm 23 and had to have surgery to get pregnant and now that we are trying again I have to take clomid and provera because i now do not have a monthly period nor am I ovulating on my own because of it. Not trying to scare you or bring you down but this is something you don't want to mess around with

UPDATE:

I was diagnosed with Endo after an emergency procedure to remove a tubal pregnancy Sunday June 15th, 2014.

Sorry to hear that VanillaSugar - funny how you just knew that was probably what was wrong but I'm so sorry about your tubal pregnancy... :hugs: I hope you are recovering ok. I'm having a lap done tomorrow to check for endo....part of me thinks I have it but the other part of me thinks I'm just being paranoid and looking for answers! My symptoms (pains in uterus and right tube area) have only got noticeable in the last 5 or 6 months and bleeding heavier when I have AF so who knows....

What did they suggest they would do for you? Did they remove any of the endo while they were in there? Big hugs and hope you feel ok..... :hugs:

I have it too - I'm in the severe category - I've had the diagnostic laparoscopy and I'm having some kind of corrective surgery early September.

None of the medicos can explain a. How I conceived Nathan and b. how I did it in normal timeframes.

Although he WAS premature (which is common with severe endo) I had no other problems in pregnancy.

But my periods were AGONISING ever since age 16 (I'm 31 now) - labour hurt less so I always "knew" something was wrong but it took 15 years and a baby for them to investigate so push and push and push xxxxxx

Oh goodness I just saw your update I am so sorry sweetheart xxx

It's alright. I'll try to answer the questions, but I'm on my cell at the moment.

The doctor or, O.B who did the lap told me after the surgery that she found a small amount of endometriosis on my uterus, and that it's not that uncommon for all (?) Women to have some endometriosis. She said she did burn it off. I was very medicated when she was explaining this all to me. I won't be seeing the O.B again till the 30th, for my post op Dr visit. I'll be asking lots of questions about the endometriosis she found.

I am going to be blunt, but i have no intention of meanness :)

Your first post is hysterical and overreactive. Stop googling. When they discovered a small amount of endo it's not the end of the world, especially if the OB said it wasn't significant.

Also as sorry as I am for your tubal pregnancy I am thankful for you that it was caught and didn't become a major problem! You got pregnant, thats an excellent factoring ! Ectopic pregnancies are more like a freak kind of thing, if there's scarring in the tubes than it's more likely to happen of course but sometimes to some extent it can be fixed. Also if you HAD to do IVF you could do a mini ivf, for a LOT cheaper (still expensive but i believe military will pay for this if necessary and there's always some work arounds) and im sure it would work out.

See the ob again, and then you're moving really soon right ? Start fresh with a brand new DR, explain everything to them. Be VERY VERY aware of a couple of things with the military though... If there are certain medical offerings on the base you WILL have to go there, and the results might not be anywhere as good as they would be elsewhere. You'll have to start with your Primary Care Physician and go from there, you can't just skip around like you can externally. While military insurance is excellent (and it is, make no mistake) again they will ONLY cover what is covered on base unless you can get some exceptions which can be few and far between.

I really hope you get some comfort, your first post made me sad, i mean so did the updates but there's a certain comfort to knowing whats going on. Please keep us updated :) *hug*

So, the Dr called to see how I was doing, and to request that I go in for HCG tests, to make sure it's falling like it should. (I don't have those results yet.) If they arnt, she told me she would give me a shot that should remove any cells/tissue left from my failed pregnancy. Though she said she highly doubts I would need it, since the ectopic was removed in what she called "one swoop". :I Nicely put, Doc. Lol.

I had some time to ask her about the endo she found, since last I spoke to her about the subject I was highly intoxicated from the lovely anti-anxiety medication, and pain killing drugs via I.V.

She said that it was, yes, just a small amount. I'm very grateful. She used the term "Stage One". I know though that endo is something I'll have forever though, and that it's severeness could change in the future. But I'm not at that point right now.

The O.B wants to work with me and my husband on our fertility. Which is nice, but also annoying. I guess, because for us it feels like all other doctors have ignored our inquires about our fertility issues, and it took and ectopic pregnancy for someone to say "Hey, lets get this right." I'm still grateful though. Finally. We'll have the means to make sure we're healthy enough to make a baby, and for me to be able to safety carry and deliver it.

Not going to lie. The past week I've felt like I couldn't try again. That I was too scared to try and really want to. But after thinking about it, if I can survive what I went through Sunday, theres no reason I should give up yet. After all, ectopics can happen to anyone. It's a fluke occurrence. It doesn't say anything about my true ability to have a baby. And for the longest time I thought I couldn't even GET pregnant.

So. No amount of Endo, or freakish ectopic pregnancy, or possible fertility issues, are going to hold me back from trying again. And again. And again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->