I think he recognized daddy!!

msmissa

Mommy of 1 & expecting
Reaction score
I'm so excited! My husband got on Skype and I held Aiden on my lap so he could "talk" to daddy and daddy could see how big he's gotten. We do this every couple of weeks. I told Aiden, "say hi to dada" he just got this grin on his face, leaned toward the computer, squealing and laughing, and started flapping his arms in excitement. it was probably just his reaction to me, but I'd really like to think he is finally recognizing his daddy

Don't underestimate babies, they're smart little bugs, and he's certainly old enough to recognize him, I think. :)

addenum: That's pretty much the same kind of reaction I get from Eli, when I get home from work. ;)

Don't underestimate babies, they're smart little bugs, and he's certainly old enough to recognize him, I think. :)

I thought so, too. And he's definitely smart lol....reminds me of a story in the coffee shop hahaha

That's so sweet and it must have made your OH felt so fantastic!

That's so sweet and it must have made your OH felt so fantastic!

It did, especially since he's missed out on everything since he was 2 and a half months old. He's been so scared that our son won't know him

Aww that is so sweet, babies are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. Your poor OH I'm sure it was great for him to see LO's reaction x

Aw! My LO skypes with daddy too and gets really upset when we end the call! He finally gave daddy smiles the other day and DH whispered him to sleep and was so proud of himself!!!! My DH is so worried that he wont know who he is or be scared of him when he finally comes home.

Aw! My LO skypes with daddy too and gets really upset when we end the call! He finally gave daddy smiles the other day and DH whispered him to sleep and was so proud of himself!!!! My DH is so worried that he wont know who he is or be scared of him when he finally comes home.

From what I've seen of my LO, I think the scariest part of it will be just the new scent. Somone they smell that they don't recognize. Yay for getting to skype with their daddy's. Even tho the connection can be a pain, I'm so grateful that we all have this technology to help with some of these family issues

From what I've seen of my LO, I think the scariest part of it will be just the new scent. Somone they smell that they don't recognize. Yay for getting to skype with their daddy's. Even tho the connection can be a pain, I'm so grateful that we all have this technology to help with some of these family issues

Ok good to know! And yes the connection is usually awful and we pay 60 dollars a month for it so very irritating but it is better than nothing. I Skype with him every other day and LO once a week as he is usually in bed when daddy is available.

Ok good to know! And yes the connection is usually awful and we pay 60 dollars a month for it so very irritating but it is better than nothing. I Skype with him every other day and LO once a week as he is usually in bed when daddy is available.

It used to be that way for us, but for some reason, we only get like once every week and a half now. At least we get any face time, right. It'll be interesting to see how they react to their daddy's when they come home. Definitely let me know how he does :)

Aiden will be just about walking when my DH comes back

It used to be that way for us, but for some reason, we only get like once every week and a half now. At least we get any face time, right. It'll be interesting to see how they react to their daddy's when they come home. Definitely let me know how he does :)

Aiden will be just about walking when my DH comes back

That will be quite the change! Owen will probably be crawling and at least sitting up by then. DH will be back in October hopefully. He barely changed any diapers before he left so he is going to have lots to learn!!!!

[QUOTE

That will be quite the change! Owen will probably be crawling and at least sitting up by then. DH will be back in October hopefully. He barely changed any diapers before he left so he is going to have lots to learn!!!![/QUOTE]

Wow...definitely lots to learn lol. Hope he's in for a very active little boy :D oh the things they miss

He's been gone since LO was 3 weeks. My mom was here for a week and his mom for a week so we didn't get a chance to be a family really. MIL says she wants to surprise him by being here when he gets home. I don't understand why she doesn't get that after he has been gone for 6 months the last thing he is going to want is his mom in the same house........

He's been gone since LO was 3 weeks. My mom was here for a week and his mom for a week so we didn't get a chance to be a family really. MIL says she wants to surprise him by being here when he gets home. I don't understand why she doesn't get that after he has been gone for 6 months the last thing he is going to want is his mom in the same house........

wow....sounds to me like she needs to understand the boundaries. He's going to probably want to get acquainted with his son and spend some family time just the 3 of you first

wow....sounds to me like she needs to understand the boundaries. He's going to probably want to get acquainted with his son and spend some family time just the 3 of you first

Exactly! He would be so disappointed if she was there when he got home. Would not be a nice surprise. And honestly does she not realize the only thing he is going to be interested in doing after being gone that long?? Besides hanging out with LO of course!! Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->