I Think I’m Losing My Mind

BritAcrossSea

Yellow Bump Turned Pink
Reaction score
I feel so cheesed off with my DH. I'm completely at a loss as to where I should put myself. I only joined this site the other day and so far I’ve been set as WTT, TTC and now it looks as if I’m gonna be back to WTT.

I came off the pill literally last week (mainly ‘cos we moved house and I left my BCP in the kitchen drawer at our old house:dohh:). I’d been wanting to come off the thing anyway ‘cos I’ve taken it for 7 years and it wouldn’t do me any harm to give my system a break.

Our original plan had been set to trying in August, as there’s a lot of other stuff going on. But then, me and my DH were chatting about it the other day and he basically said that we might as well try now ‘cos there‘s never really gonna be a “right“ time and now I‘m off the BCP anyway. As you can imagine, I was one excited bunny! :happydance:

Then last night I was saying that I’d worked out the dates and if we were successful this month then our :baby: would be born around 14 December. With that he dropped the bombshell that that wouldn’t be right as it’s too close to Christmas and he wouldn‘t want our baby to be forgotten about with the hype of Christmas. On one hand, I’m actually chuckling about it ‘cos you see, my DH is such a ba-humbug when it comes to that time of year - I didn’t realise he felt that strongly about Christmas. He also said that he thought we were waiting until August to start trying?! I’m sooo confused!!!

I’m really starting to doubt myself and thinking that I’m only hearing what I want to hear! He was very tired last night though and he is one of these people that gets very irritable when he’s tired.

Your DH sounds like my DH.

One minute it's "Yeah, let's try now" next minute it's "We should wait" then it's "I'm not sure I want another" He drives me mental, lol.

Maybe sit your DH down and ask him to talk about it? He might give you a definite answer then.

I wish my OH had said we could try even for a night lol. but he does sit there one night saying oh it'll happen one day and then saying never the next! they're all the same i guess.. and they have 9 months more to deal with it than we do lol i'm sure we all go through this at some point. you're not crazy :)

I will do. We're out to dinner tonight so he'll be more chilled. To be honest with you, if it is just about the Christmas period then I'd be happy to wait a little longer but I really don't wanna wait until August now. There's always something else threatening to delay the trying.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with a DH who changes his mind like the weather! :hugs:

My oh changes his mind about when he wants kids more often than his boxers

:rofl: That really made me chuckle. Thanks for that.

I had been feeling a little low but not now. I feel ready to take charge of the situation. I'm prepared to wait a couple of months but that's it. (Giving self pat on the back for assertiveness in life direction).

Tell him that it would be magical to have a newborn at Christmas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->