I think I have a friction blister, please help!

nikki_j

Mummy to my baby Aiden :)
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I have exclusively breastfed my 2nd DS who is now 8 months old. A couple of days ago my right nipple started to become tender during feeding but I didn't think anything of it as I knew I was due on AF any day and this is a common symptom. But then it became worse and back to the toe curling days when I first started breastfeeding! I had a look and thought I had a milk blister so after some research, broke the skin to release any milk (there was a small whitish/yellowy bump).

However it's still absolutely excruciating I'm verging on tears every time he nurses on that side I can't bear the thought of ot, it's literally making me want to give up right now! The thing that's keeping me going is I'm back to work tomorrow ���� and I don't want to stop right on top of going back to work as that's just too much change for him ���� plus I still enjoy it (when it doesn't hurt!!!)

I've been slapping the lanolin on but not sure what else to do? It's still so sore and tender to touch, even my bra on it is painful!! Should he carry on nursing this side? ���� any advice welcome thank you in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->