I think I heard the baby on the doppler

emicakess

Reaction score
I just got my sonoline B today and I picked up a lot of what I know was my own heart beat and I also picked up that artery that showed about 123 bpm. It was all slower wooshing sounds. Then about 10-15 minutes later I found a heart beat that was a lot faster and the screen read 155. I think that was the babies heart beat right? It was a lot faster but also sounded like wooshing and not like horse feet that's the only reason I'm doubting. Any thoughts?

I just got my sonoline B today and I picked up a lot of what I know was my own heart beat and I also picked up that artery that showed about 123 bpm. It was all slower wooshing sounds. Then about 10-15 minutes later I found a heart beat that was a lot faster and the screen read 155. I think that was the babies heart beat right? It was a lot faster but also sounded like wooshing and not like horse feet that's the only reason I'm doubting. Any thoughts?

Hi, the 155 sound like it could be and when I did my previous pregnancies it was a fast gallop sound. The lil ones move about so it will change to the whooshing so you move doppler slightly to where babe has moved to.

Go on utube and listen to doppler picking up baby heartbeat so you can identify it easier.

Good luck.

Thank you! I looked it up on YouTube and used my doppler again and that's definitely the baby! Yayy

Thank you! I looked it up on YouTube and used NY doppler again and that's definitely the baby! Yayy

Great, so pleased for you and congratulations. Enjoy your pregnancy because before you know it your babe will be in your arms and you'll miss your bump.....

Take care of yourself.

Yay glad to see you got your Doppler, its great hearing the heartbeat, really happy you heard it :happydance:

Mine doesn't count bpm but I can work it out roughly in my head. I find it's easier to listen to your hb then find babys and there is a definite difference between the pace. As someone else said, It sounds like galloping horses :) You may also hear a howling sound nearby which is the placenta. x

I just don't think my babies heart beat sounds like galloping horses, so I hope that's not a bad thing :/ its definitely faster than the artery beat and my own heart. Its weird because once I find it even if I hold super still, the heart beat seems to move before the doppler screen can climb to the actual heart rate. When I checked today I could only hear it in one spot for about 10 seconds then it would fade, I would move the doppler slightly and find it again. Is this normal? Is it because the baby is moving around? I can upload my video to YouTube and see what you girls think?

I just don't think my babies heart beat sounds like galloping horses, so I hope that's not a bad thing :/ its definitely faster than the artery beat and my own heart. Its weird because once I find it even if I hold super still, the heart beat seems to move before the doppler screen can climb to the actual heart rate. When I checked today I could only hear it in one spot for about 10 seconds then it would fade, I would move the doppler slightly and find it again. Is this normal? Is it because the baby is moving around? I can upload my video to YouTube and see what you girls think?

Babies do wriggle like crazy and you lose the sound so don't worry too much, you have an active wee soul in there.

By all means though upload and link in here and I'll listen and let you know what I think.

I had another scan yesterday at 8+3 and sonographer pointed to flicker heartbeat and when I looked didn't see, lil one kept bouncing and moving which blocked the visual of heart, she kept her finger on screen and we waited for lil babes to flip back. Only seconds but all the same I'm like where cant see it.

Upload to you tube and we can listen, it'll make you feel better.

That's gray you got to see your baby moving around! I have never gotten to see that and I was hoping for a 12 well scan so I could see it while baby is still small but OB didn't offer me one. Oh well. I wool upload the video in hydra minute :) thank you for the support!

I think I found it :)
Let me know if this works.

https://youtu.be/PCyTwu4prUE

Hiya, I have just listened to your video, yes definitely babe and yes active, bless.

Rest assured that is you lil soul inside of you.

I am lucky to have had two scans but I did as I have been bleeding and strong cramps. Bled all over Christmas and my first scan was last Tuesday and I cramped again last Friday and bled all over the weekend.
I have two hemorrhagic cysts on my left ovary so they have to keep an eye on them.

Then from week 12 I have scans every 2 weeks along with bloods. I am high risk with various antibodies and the one is really dangerous to the baby and my last live pregnancy we had to deliver 6 weeks earlier because I had attacked baby and baby was in trouble. I went in at week 34 for my routine bloods and doppler scans (which is where they scan the baby's blood flow in various places) - if out of range baby in distress which means my blood has crossed over and started to attack which can lead to organ failures and death. I went in and didn't go home until I had baby and baby was ready to leave hospital. It all turned good in the end, baby needed a bit of treatment.

Without my scans 12 weeks and on baby may not survive. Is a nuisance going every 2 weeks because I have to travel 1 hour 40 minutes each way and have my other lil ones to think about now. Needs must.

Anyway dear, great to hear you lil ones heartbeat. Enjoy your pregnancy.
:hugs:

Oh wow I'm so sorry! You are a great mommy :hugs: and thank you so much for watching my video!

Defo baby :) wait till you hear them kick the Doppler! Haha I was listening today to the HB and all I heard was 'THUMP' lol.

Defo baby :) wait till you hear them kick the Doppler! Haha I was listening today to the HB and all I heard was 'THUMP' lol.

Yup, got that just starting this week. Its like: thump-thump-thump-THUD!! And then HB fades as baby moves away. lol

Lol awwwwe! Do you girls feel the kicks yet?

Not yet due to my anterior placenta :( Boo! I hope to feel proper kicks soon though. There has been times where I've thought I've felt something.. :)

No not yet. I keep waiting for it though. LOL Last night I laid in my bathtub and just concentrated on trying to feel something. Nope! Not yet. :haha:

You ladies are seriously making me want to go out and buy a doppler!!! I'm just afraid it will only make me obsessed and worry anytime I can't find the heartbeat. I think I'll go to my first scan next week and then decide from there.

Certainly is tempting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->