I think I need help

HannahsMummy

Reaction score
Its taken a lot for me to admit this but I really think I need to get some help... I don't know what to do :cry:

I live with my OH and my 1 year old daughter Hannah, everything is fine at home and we are comfortable with money etc. Anyway... back in May my sisters husband died suddenly from SADS (sudden adult death syndrome). There was no warning at all, he went to bed and died and 2am the next morning. Ever since then I have been in complete panic that either my little girl or someone else close to me is going to die suddenly. I rely on alcohol to get me through and cannot get to sleep unless I have drunk a bottle of wine to calm me down. I tried going without last week and had nightmares every night.

I don't want to end up as an alcoholic and I desperately want to get off it and get fit and be there for my baby but I just break down in tears all the time. My sisters husband was such a wonderful man and they have two little boys together who miss their Dad so much.

I don't know what to do, I think a doctor would just laugh at me and tell me not to be so stupid :cry:

No doctor would ever laugh !! and your so very brave for admitting you in need of some help and support xx sending you hugs make your self a double appt asap. once you have told someone it will get better hugs xx

Your doctor will help you hun maybe offer you councilling :hugs: xx

oh please get some help hun :hugs:

your post just made me cry :cry: no doctor would ever laugh at you! they would be more proud of you for asking for help!

and i think anyone could totally understand why your feeling like this, it must have been such a shock to loose you brother-in-law like that :cry:

my best friend lost her mum and she went to bereavment (SP) counselling and she said it really helped to talk to someone who just listened and wasnt a close family member or friend iykwim.

big hugs :hugs:

Thank you all so much, I think I'll call the doc tomorrow. I just needed someone to tell me I'm not being stupid.
I'm just in complete panic all the time, I don't want to lose my little girl - I love her so much.

:hugs: :hugs: You aren't being stupid at all. It's perfectly understandable. The hardest part is admitting you need help. Get yourself to the GP hun and see what they recommend xx

Wow, no way are you being stupid. You're actually being very smart by recognizing that you need to ask for help. Sometimes it just helps a lot to talk to someone about the things that are bothering you. It can make a big difference as opposed to going it alone.

You're doing the right thing. Keep us posted as to how things go for you. It would be exciting for everyone here if we know you were doing better. :happydance:

Oh, you aren't being stupid. Please call your doctor and get some help. No doctor would laugh at you and you need to be talking with someone who can help you deal with your fear.

I've decided to see how I get on over the next week or so. I am starting a new fitness regime to take my mind off things and also to stop myself from drinking too much. I've been to the gym 2 days in a row and I am also taking my little doggy out for a power walk every night.

Its the drinking that I really need to tackle as its getting out of control. Its a bit of a viscious circle as I get drunk to forget things... then wake up the next morning feeling awful and unable to cope. I just drank water last night and I feel great this morning but I am really craving a glass of wine. Just need to be strong :nope:

I know I can do this, I need to for my little girl.

How terrible!!! :hugs: have a word with your GP he will help you, stay strong for you little one hun :hugs: xxxx

Would you consider going to AA?

AA saved my life and I highly recommend it. If you've got any questions or want to know more, feel free to ask (even if it seems like a silly question).

My partner is an alcoholic :( ... I hate using that word ... and it hurts me so much to say it, but I understand how hard it is for him and can't imagine what you are going through *hugs*

He is soo amazing and doesnt change when he drinks, people often think of alcoholics as violent, or neglegent.. or crude or stupid or bad people who dont have lives. People just dont realize. He is beautiful, works everyday and would make a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL father.

When he doesnt drink he can't sleep and sweats alot in his sleep :( Its awful. Try drinking teas instead or even just cutting down on how many drinks you have each night for now. Thats what he does... and it helps.

What you're going through is very hard, losing someone close to you and so suddenly would be such a shock and an awful thing to go through. There is no point living your life in fear though so its excellent you recognize you need help. There are many listening ears on this forum so dont be afraid to make use of them. Be strong <33 and good luck with the Dr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->