I think I need some help x

new bride

Proud mummy
Reaction score
I've never been like this before, I think I'm depressed. I don't seem to be able to cope with anything anymore.

I've just turned 30, I found this very hard to deal with but I don't know why? We have just lost two family members within a week, a grandad and a step grandad. It's only 18 months since our other grandad died.

I have medical problems left over from childbirth which are still being investigated, and suffer with terrible back pain following a car crash 5 years ago. I've had spinal surgery and I am now as good as I'll ever get with regards to pain management.

My husband is always at work, and he increasingly works later and later and by the time he comes home I've had the whole day with our baby, done all of the hard teething, nappy changing tantrum throwing etc etc and my husband has the last 'angel' hour with him before I put him to bed.

I've recently fallen out with a friend because I don't seem to have the patience anymore to put up with her constant cancelling of arrangements. I thought this was a good thing, to avoid more hurt but I now find myself in a similar situation with another friend. Surely I can't keep losing friends? But do I just get treated like rubbish instead?

I don't feel like I have any money. I know WE do (as a family) but I'm struggling with the fact that im now a stay at home mum and I've given my independence and salary up. :blush: I have to ask my husband for EVERYTHING, like can I have some money for toiletries? I'm really not used to that.

I know that I should be so grateful, and I definitely am, it just seems clouded by the fact that I feel so low. I have a wonderful husband, and an 11 month old GORGEOUS toddler but I can't seem to pull myself out of this. I've just got a new job working evenings and I'm excited, but the waiting period (start date to be confirmed) is wearing me thin.

Can anyone please advise me what to do? I've never felt like this. Do I go to see my G.P? What would I say?

Thanks to anyone who has read and thanks in advance for any replies. I've been out this morning and bought shoes with husbands card and even that has failed to cheer me up (retail therapy ALWAYS works) so I know I need help x

You do sound a little depressed hun, which is completely understandable after a radical change in lifestyle and the loss of your loved ones. Its great that you can see that something isn't right and that you might need help. A lot of people don't realise this until things get REALLY bad.

I think you should definitely talk to your Dr. They will take you seriously and discuss the options with you. You might want to try counselling or something similar before trying anti-depressants. Or even just giving it some time because starting your new job might be just what you need. Just speaking to your GP might make you feel a lot better anyway.

I really hope you can find your way out of these feelings soon. I've been there and do slip back now and again but I am happier now. Speaking to my GP was the best thing I ever did.

Congratulations on your new job!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"