I think I'm spotting? Good or Bad sign? TMI Warning!!

Nosy_Cow

Mum to Angel & Rainbow
Reaction score
I lost Chloe 6 months ago and for the past 3 months we've been TTC a little brother or sister for her (before that we were NTNP). My period is now late but I've been known to go up to 33 days on one cycle. I tested Friday (26 days) because I'd been feeling really sick all week with a FRER test. :bfn: So I waited till Sunday (28 days) which was a day I was due and another :bfn: :cry: Well I'm hoping to test again Friday (33 days) but trying not to get my hopes up. Friday also happens to be Chloe's 6 month angelversary.

Now I'm really confused. I've just been to the toilet and when I wiped there was a slimy discharge (a lot of) and a small blob of bright red blood! Sorry TMI but I did warn you! At first I thought it might be piles again (even though I'd only been for a wee) but after wiping my bum seperately I realised the blood was coming from my erm... polite word... bits? and therefore couldn't be piles. Second time I'd wiped it was the same - slimy discharge but a smaller blob of blood. Then third wipe (I was triple checking) same slimy discharge and less blood again. There was nothing on my knickers!

So is this spotting? I've never understood spotting because I guess I've never had it. I've only had the brown discharge and I assumed that was spotting but I'm guessing not! Is this a good or a bad sign? Is my period coming? I've never had this before a period before! Could it be implantation bleeding? Is there even such a thing? I've had cramps all week but assumed it was my period making a show but had nothing till today.

I'm confused :wacko: Please help!

Also quick add I haven't got cramps at the minute but instead like a stabbing pain but almost like a tugging pain (strange pain I haven't had before) in my lower stomach - just above pubic bone if that helps.

Any ideas?

Could be implantation bleeding- is it normal for you to have discharge mixed with blood on very first day of af?
If it isn't and it's something new then it could very well be implantation bleeding, it seems it's really common.
Fingers are tightly crossed for you xx

It's not normal! I've never had anything like this! It got me a bit worried! That's why I posted here!

Thanks for your reply! I guess I'll have to sit tight and keep my fingers crossed!

When i read your other post i thought implantation bleeding? i've never had it so not sure what its meant to be like. i have my fingers crossed for you :hugs: xxx

it could be the start of AF, i get ewcm with bits of blood mixed the day before af shows.. but it could also be ovulation cramps/bleeding? :S sounds more like AF i'd say.. dont think you get ewcm/spotting with IB, i could be wrong tho.. fingers crossed

Hi, not sure how many days you are after ovulation, but IB I have read takes place at around same time as implantation which is between day 5 - 12. Usually something like that so close to a period is a warning of the arrival of AF, some people can pass clots near AF, especially when AF is late sometimes period is a bit heavier than usual. I would just hold out and if AF not arrived in a week or 2 and still no bfp go the docs. Sorry I can't help more.

I haven't had IB so can't add anything remotely useful, but... Fingers crossed for you trial twin. I know you've had a grotty few weeks, hopefully Chloe had sent you a special present for her angelversary. xx

I had implantation bleeding this time round and it sounds exactly like this. I was convinced it was af - actually I was convinced it was a chemical because I had had a vry faint positive test at that point. It was ewcm with a blob or red bood, only on tissue. It then turned brown and was like that for 2 days, although only when I wiped again. I never get spotting before af, so it was unusual for me. Good luck hun. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I didn't get a strong positive on a test for another 5 days of so, so it's not all over yet. :dust:

Thanks girls :cry: but I think it is my AF! Bloody :witch: :cry:

It's heavier today not really heavy (won't fill a liner) but it's with cramps :cry:

I ovulated a while back (well I think I did - not using OPK's) around the 15th so it's more than likely AF! :cry: Always next month right? :cry:

:hugs: so sorry if it really is AF - fingers crossed that it isn't. Sometimes you can have light bleeding in the first trimester...

Just a quick update - it was the :witch:

Guess it's back to trying next month :cry:

Awww sorry to hear that Nosey :( but lots and lots of luck for next month xxx

Sorry it got you ...... all the waiting and guessing drives me insane.

Thanks for posting though as I had similar last night, ewcm when checking cervix with streaks of red in, but no af yet. Due tomorrow so maybe its not unusual to get that sort of thing on the run up to af.

Good luck for next month and hope you get through today xx

Nosy_Cow, sorry the witch got you. I just wanted to say that I just read the link to Chloe's Memorial from your signature. Such a sad story but you have written it so beautifully, what a lovely tribute to your daughter. I hope you don't mind me saying that but I wanted to let you know how touching it is. You're obviously a very brave lady and I wish you all the luck in the world TTC. x

Aww, I only just read this. I'm sorry hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->