I think they have got it wrong!

Just my OH has been on my case for a few weeks now, he has done his ''maths'' and checked his calendar and says that the weeks I would have ovulated or got pregnant he was away on his stag weekend and now thinks I have been cheating!! Im stressed enough!! Personally I dont care if the baby is born on ''my dates'' or the midwives dates or is late but my OH is pressuring me that if the baby doesnt come between the 18th and 28th May that its not his!! It is infact his baby 100% but I just needed to clear it up as Im getting so stressed about ''dates'' when I wouldnt usually be! :(

Your OH is being a idiot.

Sperm can live up to 7 days so if you had sex in the week previous to him going away that could still have got you pregnant if you ovulated the next week.

He should take a biology class lol it can be a matter of a couple weeks for you to ovulate and then for the egg to be fertilized and then the egg has to implant it doesnt always happen right away ... some women can have sex days before they ever even ovulate and still end up pregnant it doesnt mean they were cheating

Thank you for understanding and also writing exactly what i have been telling my oh! he thinks as soon as you have sex you get pregnant :dohh: im just really angry!!

I would be too !! I would tell him since hes so into taking the time to work everything out he should read up on how getting pregnant works :p

There's a Channel 4 doc on youtube called the Great Sperm Race. It's funny. Make your husband watch it. Takes like four days in that instance to actually fertilize the damn egg.

My guess is that you probably ovulated later than normal hence why you're measuring small.

In the US I tried talking to my doctor, explaining to him that even though I had a period it was extremely short and very light. I tried to tell him that my periods always, most I my period life, last 5-6 days... but my last one was only 3 days if you even catch the 3rd day. He would not listen to me and kept telling me June 6th but every time I get a scan he keeps telling me a 1 an 2 days ahead of my due date he set BUT he won't move my due date up...

It really annoys me bc I know my body better than any doctor. Sometimes they really Gould listen to us... It is our body after all.

Sorry but ultrasound is more accurate than dates according to your last menstrual period. Due dates obtained by a first trimester ultrasound are very accurate within about 4 days. While due dates obtained by your last period are not accurate for a lot of women. For example, I have 5 or 6 week cycles, so I ovulate (and conceive) at week 3 or 4 in my cycle instead of week 2 like those women with 4 week textbook cycles. So my due date of May 1 takes that into account (and came from my 9 week ultrasound). If I were to go by my last menstrual period, I would supposedly be due a week earlier. Now if you were charting your basal body temperature, that would be pretty accurate too. Fundal height measurements aren't that accurate either. My sister knew exactly when she ovulated but her belly measured 5 cm (5 weeks) ahead. Yet her baby was born exactly on the 40 week due date according to her conception date and my niece weighed 8 pounds. Her cycles are 6 weeks long, so by LMP, she was 42 weeks, but she knew that by conception, she was only 40 weeks (and her first trimester ultrasound due date matched her conception date and 40 week delivery date). My OB said that the hospital won't even let her induce a patient before 39 weeks. I know it's hard to wait, but I promise that these last weeks of pregnancy really will end, and sooner than you think. Each time I am pregnant, I get soooooo antsy and just want the last ten weeks to be over. But then the baby comes and the sleep and "me time" ends and I always wish I had enjoyed the pre-birth time more fully. I tell myself now to appreciate the full nights of sleep while I still can. I induced my first baby mostly because I was impatient. Honestly, my second and third births that started spontaneously were more magical experiences because they happened on their own. And you won't be pregnant for ten months just because the midwife gives you a particular due date or refuses to induce you at a certain time because of it. If you are actually correct and are really 32 weeks instead of 30, then your labor will probably start on its own much sooner than "42 weeks."

I was/am in a similar situation. My due dates have been regularly changed, and I believe that my baby is due on Friday of this week 29th march. At my second last hospital appointment they put my due date back to 10th April, which worried me as I didn't want to end up (as you don't) 10 months pregnant before being induced.

I spoke to my hospital dr at my last appointment, and we compromised and she said they will induce me on 10th April if I haven't gone by then, which is the best outcome for me.

I understand you are frustrated, as I have been, but my reasons for thinking my due date is earlier are because my baby is consistently measuring at that date. Your reasons of movement and being head down are not going to be considered enough for them to move your dates as every baby moves inside differently. If your scan is consistently giving the same dates, then those are the pretty much going to be considered the accurate dates.

For all the people saying ask for a growth scan - no point as after 16/17/18 weeks growth scans are not considered an accurate representation for edd as babies grow at different rates from this point on which is why they use 12 week scan for dating or 20 week scan if no 12 week scan was taken (as in my case).

Its better to have bbsies stay in as long as they look good babies will come when they are ready 2 of my babies I went in to labor at 37 weeks no problems after birth they were ready please remember that some babies need 42 weeks infract that use to be a normal due date 40-42 weeks

Imin the same position............they say that today I am 33 weeks.............but when you back track that my LMP was justover 2 weeks from when it 'should' be and it means also that I 'conceived' a week after having sex - which I know isnt 100% impossible if I ovulated late.

All my dates were bang on for DD1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"