I think this is the right thread...

ciarhwyfar

3 time Mum
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here but thought I would put this out there to get opinions and others experiences. I'm 42 and have two prior successful pregnancies, on is 21 years old and the other is 2.

My cervix is high, soft, and closed and has been for about three weeks. All hpt have been negative and they did a qualitative blood test last Wednesday and it was <2.

I have been having symptoms for some time (more than four weeks) but I have still been bleeding regularly but never have in pregnancy before. I know it is common enough and my mom had it with one of her pregnancies (she had six children and three miscarriages). I am usually pretty sure I am pregnant though it is hard to stay positive with no reinforcement.

I think I should have them do an ultrasound or at least a physical exam (why don't they do those anymore?!) before I let them do anything possibly dangerous like an abdominal x-ray.

Anyone had anything similar?

I don't have any experience here but did they advise as to when you should come back for another test or maybe an ultrasound?

I am actually still waiting to hear back from the doctor about the test. Because I called for test results on two different days, the operator had the midwife call me back and she told me about the <2 hcg in the blood result. She couldn't tell me anything else though as she didn't know anything about my history.

I am hoping it is taking so long to hear back from the doctor (I tested last Wednesday) as he will want me to come back in to test and doesn't want me to forget. Since it is kind of a clinic at the hospital, I can see that they probably have a lot of people who don't remember to do tests if they aren't the same or next day.

hcg less than 2 is non pregnant

hcg should double every 48 hours so perhaps ask for another test

good luck
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4