I think Tom had a seizure:(

He went in this morning and he had a CT scan within an hour. His shunt seemed fine, if not working too well! But that didnt seem to concern them. They think it is most definately epilepsy and to be expected with all he has been through really. He has to go for an EEG tomorrow to see if they can catch some funny waves going on.

sorry to hear this.. but it is good you know so it can be treated! :hugs:

Hi Ladies,
i dont have any children but work with adults with learning disabilitys and most of them have epilepsy. Epliepsy is nothing to serious nowdays and can be treated with medication, altho it may take a while to find a drug and dose that suit's him. The head hitting may be due to fustration. And on a more positive, some children grow out of epilepsy by the time they reach their teen's

Thank you everyone!

He has his EEG and he was as good as gold!! The doctor said the scan was perfect and very mature for his age - and this is why he is developing so well for his age!

This doesnt mean he doesnt have epilepsy, as the scan is only one moment in time, but it looks like we are all clear!

Thank you everyone!

He has his EEG and he was as good as gold!! The doctor said the scan was perfect and very mature for his age - and this is why he is developing so well for his age!

This doesnt mean he doesnt have epilepsy, as the scan is only one moment in time, but it looks like we are all clear!

That's wonderful news :D x

Awww thats great news about Toms' scan :)

OMGosh...I have just read this all just now!!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->