• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I thought breastfeeding would keep AF at bay for at least a BIT longer!

JakesMummy

Expecting
Reaction score
Well the title says it all really...and I am curious too.

I am 6 weeks pp today and exclusively breastfeeding..no FF or anything to alter my supply.

So this morning AF reared her ugly head and I thought it would be a few months!!!! NOT FAIR!!! :growlmad:

Anyone else had this happen to them early on? Or is this normal?

(My normal bleeding after birth finished weeks ago)

Ahhh how annoying are u sure it is AF? I bled on and off for ages after birth, got AF after about 18 weeks x

It's relatively common for breastfeeding women to get a "6 week bleed" so don't despair just yet, it may not be AF. ;)

Ooh really? I have been getting pains in ovaries for a few days ( always got this - kinda helped with ttc!) it certainly isn't as heavy. I never get pain with af so don't know really, tbh it does seem random! Kinda came from nowhere!

It happened to me. I had a 6 week bleed and then started AF at 8 weeks PP and I was exclusively BFing my son. I had an ultrasound too that had confirmed ovulation. I'm hoping to keep AF away a bit longer this time.

I hope it's just a 6 week bleed for you. IM 6weeks post partum and woke up with a bit of spotting myself...hope its not AF!

I had a 6 week bleed at 5 weeks!

I had a 6 week bleed, and now only 2 weeks later she's back :( I thought I'd be lucky but nope!

Wow that's early- I bled after the birth for 7 weeks (mostly spotting towards the end), period only came back last week though, very strange how it's different for us all and goes to show why it's not a reliable form of contraception lol!

I just got mine at 8 weeks and I'm so upset :( I'm exclusively bfing, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"