I want a textbook baby!.....

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Well i was reading that baby whisperer book and guess what ....Tabs is a "spirited" baby i think thats a code word for fussy,hard to settle,never sleeps,always alert,gets hysterical when overtired,wants changing immediately etc etc and general little gremlin when she wants to be. Although she is VERY happy too. sometimes cant stop laughing and talking/cooing.

Just wondering if anyone else has a "spirited" one by this book?

Also if anyone has a textbook one....DO YOU WANT TO SWAP??!! Hehe

It seriously is so hard trying to keep up with her. Today was going well until she wouldnt go to sleep for her 2nd nap and since then has only had 4 x 10 mins kip here and there and is still awake!!!
She usually sleeps really well through the night though only waking once for a feed.
Any tips would be appreciated......tried the pat /sh technique but i cant stand there doing to for an hour and a half each time.
She wont go to sleep unless held and she is knocking on a stone(14lbs) in weight!
She also hates being swaddled or pinned down and she fights like a 4month old with her size and strength!
She hates

Ive not heard of the book? What is it and where from?

try her on her stomach :) the only way i manage to get any sleep

xx

secrets of the baby whisperer
By someone call tracey hogg i think without getting off my backside lol
have a looky on ebay for it as its a tenner in the shops
i did look online and stumbled accross a forum dedicated to the diff types of baby though :blush: only had a quick peek lol

Tabs sounds exactly like Lily, I had a textbook pregnancy, except for a healthscare with the baby. I thought id have a textbook baby!

The baby whisperer is great, shes died now though. Her programs sometimes come on discovery home and health during the night, I sky plus them! Shes so good, i think Ive made Lily the way she is though, got her into some really bad habits, she wont ever fall asleep by herself, she depends on me patting her bum, holding her hands, shhing her or swaying her.

I havent managed anything to change anything, I spend my day constantly trying to get lily to nap, shes always always overtired!!!

I found the book very good to read with good ideas, but as with all books i have read it digested it then used bits of it now and again, She goes on about the EASY routine which i found good
EAT
ACTIVTY
SLEEP
YOU TIME

Tracey Hogg used to be on the TV alot but i think she died afew yrs ago.
Have a look at the baby whisperer.com that tells you about her books etc.

Much kinder methods than she who cant be named on forums (lol) more relaxed.

That is a great book! I swear by it.
Yes, Ryan is between Spirited (or Wired to the moon as I call him :rofl:) and Angel!

I havent read the book.
However Colton is the same.. he wont initially go to sleeep unless he is held/cuddled. After he is asleep he will go back to sleep if I pat his back, but wont go back to sleep by himself. :(

Hannah never goes to sleep on her own, we have to hold her. And most days she won't lay down for me, I end up holding her the large majority of the time. She sleeps well at night, not sure why she's so fussy during the day but she is :wacko:

Jacob's over 17 lbs now and we're still having to cuddle him off to sleep. He also knows the difference between when you're standing and sitting (and prefers standing of course)! I guess it's getting the baby weight off though!

Jacob's over 17 lbs now and we're still having to cuddle him off to sleep. He also knows the difference between when you're standing and sitting (and prefers standing of course)! I guess it's getting the baby weight off though!

LOL little moo's arn't they.
Also if we put tabs down and she realised she screams and screams then as soon as you pick her up she gets a smug look on her face and is immediately quiet lol
17lb for you,omg im imagining holding her when she is 3!

She sleeps well at night, not sure why she's so fussy during the day but she is :wacko:

So so so like tabs....so well at night just waking once,although last night didnt wake at all! i woke at 4 and poked her to get her to move lol!
It was a shock yesterday as she had her jabs and immediately went to sleep for an hour and a half!!all by herself

It sounds like she is playing a game here if she has a smirk on her face. Why don't you try putting her down straight away when she has been put in her cot say night night, put her mobile on, and leave the room she might cry yes but she has to learn to settle herslef. if she is still crying 5 mins later go in, don't pick her up, just say sssshhhhh turn her mobile back on and leave her for 10 mins do the same if she still crying, leave her again for 15 so basically u leave her for 5 mins longer at a time. but she knows its night time, and u've not gone far.

Hope it helps hun, it might take a week or so but it worked for me with Kira hun.

It sounds like she is playing a game here if she has a smirk on her face.

Really sorry and no offence but two month olds don't play games.

Sorry but i agree too, babies at that age just want comfort and security they dont know how to control you like that. and certain don't know how to 'play games'
Also that is a very young age to be doing controlled crying.

It sounds like she is playing a game here if she has a smirk on her face.

Really sorry and no offence but two month olds don't play games.

Sorry but i agree too, babies at that age just want comfort and security they dont know how to control you like that. and certain don't know how to 'play games'
Also that is a very young age to be doing controlled crying.

Agreed.

I personally think some of the replies to Vicky are mad ...I don't think she meant games as in being silly like maybe a toddler will (finding it difficult to word how I mean this) but rather fun game - playing slightly. I don't think babies try to control you at 2 months old at all but I don't think babies are unable to smile when they gain what they liked IE baby cries because you've put down but fine perfectly when picked up some sense of that is comfort but I don't remember Caitlin still being a dozy baby (like newborn) at 2 months they are learning to smile, reactions and start to know what they want. But then again thats just what I think :D

Is learning baby night time a bad thing using something like a mobile for baby to reconise bedtime/chill time? I didn't see the word control crying from Vicky either I'm very sure if Vickys was crying in distress theres no way she would leave her a little whinge and a cry is different. Every now & then you have to leave bubba for a few minutes ...no? I see through the going back bit because my HV spoke to me about this ...keep popping back in and they soon learn that you are there as Vicky actually said. 'Quote' knows its night time, and u've not gone far.

It sounds like she is playing a game here if she has a smirk on her face. Why don't you try putting her down straight away when she has been put in her cot say night night, put her mobile on, and leave the room she might cry yes but she has to learn to settle herslef. if she is still crying 5 mins later go in, don't pick her up, just say sssshhhhh turn her mobile back on and leave her for 10 mins do the same if she still crying, leave her again for 15 so basically u leave her for 5 mins longer at a time. but she knows its night time, and u've not gone far.

Hope it helps hun, it might take a week or so but it worked for me with Kira hun.
I think i read about this technique by a man beginning with F,cant remember now though. my mum also said about her sort of ruling me as such,with the smiling and stopping crying as soon as picked up....little moo my mum calls her lol as sometimes it is as if she is playing me lol.
I know what you mean and this technique sounds good too,ill keep going on what im doing for a couple of weeks as i have already started it but this will definately be in my mind too :) Ty hun

she has to learn to settle herslef. if she is still crying 5 mins later go in, don't pick her up, just say sssshhhhh turn her mobile back on and leave her for 10 mins do the same if she still crying, leave her again for 15 so basically u leave her for 5 mins longer at a time.

This is controlled crying,
I tried it with Ewan but it never worked he became distressed and so did I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->