I want to lose weight

lau86

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the best way to do this is without affecting milk supply? I'm 11st13 at the moment and would like to lose a stone so nothing too major (I'm tall so I don't look too big). I was using my fitness pal it gave me 1660 calories but it doesn't know I'm breastfeeding. Is this too little? Baby comes first so... Just not sure best way to go about this

Counting calories and exercising has helped me lose quite a few pounds so far. I'm using myFitnessPal as well and I'm aiming for 1500 net calories. My supply seems fine :)

I think breastfeeding burns between 200 - 500 Cals a day depending on the amount you're feeding. You can add it as an activity on MFP to make sure you allow yourself the extra calories. I think the recommendation is to aim for no more than 0.5 lbs a week weightless while breastfeeding. Good luck, I'll be starting MFP in a couple of weeks once LO is past the 2 month mark!

I use MFP also and set my goal to 1550 and my supply seems fine. Although the weight does not seem to fall of as easy as it use to. Might be breastfeeding or the fact that I just turned 30 :wacko: . I have lost 9lbs in the past 7 weeks and have 8 more to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->