I weaned at 9 weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love toria's bluntless she doesnt dress it up lol :D
xx

I know I am probably starting a barny myself here by saying this but you don't seem to want to say why you were advised to start weaning at 9 weeks. Just seems a bit strange.

I've wanted to start a thread like this plenty of times but it doesn't do anyone any favours. I can see you're angry and you have every right to be angry if you feel judged but you will get even more judgement if you start another thread about it? Does that make sense?

oh dont get me wrong im not upset or angry with anyones comments because i know that this is what my baby wants. i just want people to understand that ALL babies are different. its our desicion and were going to stick to it! but still why should people judge others desicions??

im only 19 years old so people could judge me for that!

but im engaged, planing on going back to work, not on benifits and we own our house!

Good for you!!! Stick to it!!! Its none of my business, but why is it necessary for you to post a thread on such a controversial subject, just to get a reply??

Why on earth is your age/relationship status/employment relevant to when you wean your child???? It seems like you're saying more or less anything you can to start an arguement - not everyone can own their own house, and people on benefits can be fantastic parents.

this is not to start arguments because noone need reply!

its just to voice my oppinion. If people dont like it or have nothing nice to say then dont say anything atall!

oh and i said about age because if they want something to judge me on then at least they know im not just young and nieve.

YOUNG MUMS ROCK!! (as do mums of all ages :D)

xxx

LOL... People don't keep quiet on a forum. You post something and it becomes open for anyone who wanders upon it to state their opinion - most peoples opinion being that weaning that young is wrong . You're the one making an issue out of it. If you didn't want a reaction, don't post a thread.

We are all judged for something. We're all different in some way. Some are more different than others. IMO differences are irrelevant.

Helen, the OP posted in another thread saying her LO was very hungry, and didn't get on with hungry baby milk.

I know I am probably starting a barny myself here by saying this but you don't seem to want to say why you were advised to start weaning at 9 weeks. Just seems a bit strange.

sorry i hadnt yet got round to that!! its because of her size, they advised me every step of the way before starting weaning, this was what i was told i could try to fill her and it worked!!

this is defo a thread I cannot be arsed with as it is going to end up annoying me immensely (and boring me as it has been done many times before) so I will bid this thread goodnight. xx

Right ok! Won't say anything else cause my fingers will burn off!

Bye and good luck to you

xxx

Well the whole point of the forum is to get replies...

I personally think that's not a good enough reason to wean but that's my opinion and if you've done what's right in your opinion there's no need to start a thread about it. I'm not judging you personally, that's my feeling on the matter.

Like toria said hun

We have all wanted to say you know what I dont really care what you think but it causes more drama then there already was in the first place

Like I said before if you want advice on ealry weaning there is a thread somewhere Polo princess made it
xx

I'm going to say this once more, in case anyone else reading this decides they need to wean early because their baby is 'big'.

Big babies do not need weaning early.

It is a myth.

I'm going to say this once more, in case anyone else reading this decides they need to wean early because their baby is 'big'.

Big babies do not need weaning early.

It is a myth.

Agreed!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

(Yes I know I said I was going but this thread is winding me up cause I just don't understand the reasoning behind it!)

so i geuss i must have got the wrong idea with bnb then?? i thought it was to help and support people and their desicions?? geuss not then!! well next time i start a thread mabey i should just ask what everyone else thinks and not my doctor or HV that way you cant judge me even tho half of you are not qualified to give advice on weaning and such as.

i respect everyone elses desicions and dont go attacking them so dont do it to me.

i didnt excatly want to start weaning early as it is much easier to give milk feeds but sometimes you just have to do things you dont want to

Maybe people don't support dangerous decisions. To be supportive isn't to lie and say ":hugs: good job mama on weaning your baby mega early."

So, as supportive FRIENDS, wouldn't you want us to tell you the truth?

i have to say i agree with wendy here, bnb is about support, but that doesn't mean going along with what every body else thinks.
although i haven't read the thread i believe your referring too, i feel, and i've seen it happen many times, that when 'issues' are taken out of one thread and created into another it's just causing 'drama', whilst i'm sure this isn't what you intended, if you have problems then maybe contact one of the fab members of the team who are always willing to help :D - rather than creating another thread.
parents will never agree on how to parent their child, sometimes perhaps we just have to agree to disagree :D

No not all big babies need weaning early but some do, just as some average and small babies do.

Some babies walk at 8 months, other 12 months - no one bats an eyelid at this difference in developing....yet the same can't be said for weaning...we must conform and have our babies requiring food at the same time as everyone else's.
If babies bodies can develop months earlier than others to do physical things then who is to say that all babies kidneys take until 17 wks to work properly?
What the doctors say is guidelines, they have to have guidelines, but that does not mean that every baby born in the world will follow what they say.

There are some babies who can not survive properly on milk alone til anywhere near 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back