I weaned at 9 weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it hard to belive that a HV would say that

But like everyone said you do what you feel is right

I did stick up for you and put my self out to get jumped on

But now your just asking to be critisised

My health visitor tryed everything before she said to me ok try him on baby ric at 4-5 months

If you dont want peoples negative comments then why post another thread??

Like I said Its yoru choice and I did point that out before but I see no point in defending you now because you have brought it on your self
xx

Agree with Wendino. BnB has many purposes. Offering advice, help and support does not always take the form of giving approval to someone's decision you know?

I nearly weaned Ruby early and people on here helped me realise I didn't need to do so, by being honest and sharing their knowledge and experience and I am grateful for this. If people can't be constructively honest on here then it's a problem IMO

bloody hell!

weaning babies due to size isnt a reason for weaning as ppl have stated BUT if ur doc n hv have told u so then why care what others think.

bnb is for ppl to get advice but also u have to expect others to have a different opinion and u CANT tell ppl who think differently not to post

Oh and I am VERY open minded about mom's making their own decisions for their babies. Every child is an individual, but I am not one to stand by while someone does something that harms their baby.

I do not know what happens if you wean a baby that early. I am not claiming to know. I am just saying you should be a little more open minded to the replies you are getting since they are coming from people with experience.

so does anyone actually know what the earlier generation did when there were no HV or docs? cause we had to all get here some how and nobody would have known back then would they?! and what about babies with reflux?? wouldnt their digestive systems be immature aswell?? but u all seem to think that its ok to do it then. my mum had to feed me early because i couldnt keep milk down and im fine. chloe used to projectile vomit loads until she was put on solids, now her milk and food stays down. and besides milk is still her primary feed, just like the HV told me!

Maybe people don't support dangerous decisions. To be supportive isn't to lie and say ":hugs: good job mama on weaning your baby mega early."

well said.

all i am going to say on the matter as this is something i feel very strongly about.

so does anyone actually know what the earlier generation did when there were no HV or docs? cause we had to all get here some how and nobody would have known back then would they?! and what about babies with reflux?? wouldnt their digestive systems be immature aswell?? but u all seem to think that its ok to do it then. my mum had to feed me early because i couldnt keep milk down and im fine. chloe used to projectile vomit loads until she was put on solids, now her milk and food stays down. and besides milk is still her primary feed, just like the HV told me!

Regarding reflux - I was meant to wean my LO early because she had reflux. Not normal reflux either, it was bought on by an operation. Reflux is a medical condition. Being big is not. Sorry, but my baby gained no weight AT ALL between 1 and almost 4 months. I didn't wean her, I tried and she kept being sick so what was the point??

Oh, and I thought you said she was weaned because she was big?? not because she was sick... :shrug:

i supported u on my first post but now i think ur doing this just to start a fight and u r now acting like a child by not even taking other ppls comments into concideration and by saying bascialy if u dont agree with me dont post!

its a open forum, theres been alot of comments on other posts i have strongly dis agreed with but thats life, if comments on the net get to u so much then god knows what ud act like if someone was to dis agree with u face to face.

if u dont like what ppl will say
1 dont post about it
2 turn ur net off or dont look at the thread

Also my generation is probably the fattest generation of all time, so.... I don't see how you can say we are "fine"

yeah because she was big, i was weaned because of being sick.

just saying that she isnt sick anymore thats all

ok well im done with this thread now because its stupid that i cant just say what i feel and be some help to others who need to wean early.

night all xxx

Shall we all leave it as that now ladies

Leelee just walk away your not going to get everyine to agree with yiu

If you feel its right then thats fine. As long as you have medical advice then its ok. No one kill me lol

Girls you have all made your point now yeah??

Kiss and make up :kiss:
xx

think you need to wean when you think is right, but if you wean early you have to be prepared that if you do make your baby ill your going to feel very bad about it.

i assume its very hard to get a spoon in 10 week old babys mouth myself without them gagging.

i assume its very hard to get a spoon in 10 week old babys mouth myself without them gagging.[/QUOTE]

nope she opens her mouth and brings her head forward, closes her mouth, moves it to the back of her mouth with her tounge and swallows just like everyone else!!

im told providing she can do this she is ready.

now i really am going xxx

oh and does anyone really think i would want to make my little princess ill?? she is my world and i love her very much :D

her mouth might be ready but are her liver and kidneys and digestive system?

im not panning you at all in fact i weaned early due to milk allergy( at 18 weeks) but you really cant see whats going on inside her body and the battle she might be having inside to digest food

There wasnt really a need for this thread to be created, ive gone in and commented on the original thread and i can see why you are annoyed as some replies come across as patronsing however well meaning they may be

At the end of the day if you followed the advice of your health professional on what they deemed the right choice for your baby then you should be happy with that

BnB is a massive support network and there are people here to help and offer adivce on every aspect of parenting but what you will not get is "sugar coating" of the truth, everyone parents differently so you can expect different replies to threads that are made, we all have different opinions and sometimes taking a different opinion on board may just teach you something that you didnt know.

Im locking this thread now, any concerns or questions please pm myself or another team member

Thanks
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member