I went to get a sonogram

tofuzombie

Reaction score
And couldn't afford it. My health insurance requires 10k out of pocket before they cover anything.

The sonogram was $300

How do you do it?

I'm so disheartened.

I knew it wouldn't be cheap, but I thought having health insurance it would be manageable.

I've been so down since this. Just feeling like a failure.

That seems crazy. What country do you live in? A private ultrasound shouldn't even run you that much. I am a teacher, so I know our insurance is pretty thorough. My premium each month is insane, but I pay absolutely nothing for prenatal care. Literally, it will cost me $0 to have this kid. Your insurance should cover a first trimester ultrasound, even if you just have a copay that seems outrageous to charge you $300.

You are not a failure. I normally don't say this because they aren't always licensed properly and that is something that can be hurtful to baby, but you might want to look into groupon or something similar. Just yelp the doctor before buying to make sure they are legit.

Where are you from? Could you get on a Medicaid/goverment run program? There are private places that are cheaper than $300.

Oh, my goodness!!!!!! You are going to need to contact your local resources and figure out what can be done to help you pay for things because I've seen those hospital bills for labor and delivery and baby's short stay in the hospital, and there is no way that anyone can afford THAT! I'm assuming you live in the US? If you don't mind sharing your state, I'll help you find resources to call if you need me to!

With DD our insurance didn't want to cover barely any of her birth, but they covered a high percentage of the ultrasounds.. After DD was born I spoke to the hospital billing department and because of our low income they had me apply for their charity. Talk to resources in your area, I'm sure there are medical centers that will help you with the costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->