"I will not symptom spot"

It is used, just like it is in breast cancer, as an estrogen antagonist to stimulate ovulation. It does not dry out the CM like Clomid did for me, but the risk for multiples is increased.

Side effects are like that from Clomid, but can also include hair loss and swollen feet and ankles. Apparently, it can cause early plate formation in a fetus if a pregnant woman so much as touches an empty bottle with residue left in it, as it is absorbed through the skin. But, I was told since I wouldn't be taking it close to OV, that I shouldn't be overly concerned and just to let DH handle the bottle.

Now I am terrified and wondering if I just should've gone up to 150mg on Clomid.

You know, sometimes you just have to trust your docs. They're not going to prescribe you something that is known to cause a malformed fetus.

If you're that uncomfortable with it, don't do it again. But, maybe this is what you needed and it will do the trick!

I agree with you and I am going to go for it; I can't keep sitting on my ass and waiting.

Right! I just keep thinking to myself "How much time have I wasted trying to be patient?"

Right! I just keep thinking to myself "How much time have I wasted trying to be patient?"

If the financial part of IVF were taken out of the equation, I would go for it now. But, the expense scares me and IDK if I could handle a failure. We cannot afford to do it for more than one, maybe two rounds. I cannot bankrupt my family on a maybe.

You BOTH have been patient...I am going for it as soon as we're done with cycle #6 if there is no BFP by then.....maybe even sooner.....I am not messing around with this! :grr:

You BOTH have been patient...I am going for it as soon as we're done with cycle #6 if there is no BFP by then.....maybe even sooner.....I am not messing around with this! :grr:

I think you have the right idea! Does your doc insist on waiting the 6 months? Mine says 35+, 3-4 months is an acceptable amount of time. I really should've listened to him!

Did you decide about the soy?

I can't wait to see my RE.
Funny thing is, I've been gearing myself up that I would consider IVF, and I'm not sure if I'd be a candidate. I only have 1 ovary and my FSH is 10.6 (or, I could just be making up something else to worry about. That's entirely possible).

If the financial part of IVF were taken out of the equation, I would go for it now. But, the expense scares me and IDK if I could handle a failure. We cannot afford to do it for more than one, maybe two rounds. I cannot bankrupt my family on a maybe.

Would you regret not trying everything possible?

I think you have the right idea! Does your doc insist on waiting the 6 months? Mine says 35+, 3-4 months is an acceptable amount of time. I really should've listened to him!

Did you decide about the soy?

I only have a GP...and the last time we talked she told me to give it a 6 month try, and to come back ASAP after that...and not to put it off because the older I get, the fewer options I will have. DH is getting his SA on Friday.
TBH, I will probably go straight to a RE.

I will probably skip the soy...

I am lucky; my OB used to be in practice with a FS, so he is comfortable with doing all of it, until we get to IUI/IVF, then I have to walk across the street.

I am concerned because I just noticed that the pharmacy billed my insurance for the Tamoxifen, which I specifically asked them not to do, so now my insurance is either thinking that I have cancer or that I have moved onto fertility treatments, lol. I hate the insurance company! :growlmad:

Would you regret not trying everything possible?

That is a tough one, because I don't regret anything in my life; even the crap. I love the place that I am in, except for TTC, and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the BS too. My life is still fab, even if I don't have another LO; I think it would be more sadness than regret. IMO, once you move on to regret, it's a short walk to being ungrateful for what you have.

No UTI and a bfn.:cry:

I spoke to a ob/gyn as to why I am having such absolutely horrible, uncharacteristic cramping 6 days prior to AF. She told me it's probably PMS hormones and now that I'm "older" it's just how my body is changing.:cry:

I spoke to a ob/gyn as to why I am having such absolutely horrible, uncharacteristic cramping 6 days prior to AF. She told me it's probably PMS hormones and now that I'm "older" it's just how my body is changing.:cry:

But your 6DPO, right? Was it a blood draw? It is very early.

So sorry :hugs: But it does seem early for a definite BFN :hugs:

9dpo. Today is 10dpo with an enormous temp drop.
But, thanks for the hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->