i wiped away blood!

angelmyky

Me, My Hubby & My Lil Boy
Reaction score
hey ladies. i need some advice or something.

i found out just yesterday morning that im 9 weeks pregnant. me and my OH had :sex: about 2 hours ago and afterwards i went to the toilet to clean up. i wiped away a small amount of very light pink liquid (maybe blood). my OH thinks maybe he cut me during sex or maybe its his semen thats got blood in it or something. i immediately got upset and i dont know how to take it. my first appointment with the midwife is on 29th so i will tell her when i see her but am i worrying about nothing? or should i contact the doctor or something? im trying not to stress out but im abit upset. i havent had anything else since but there is a little pink liquid inside when i insert tissue to check. its not much though, hardly even there.

is this normal?? should i contact someone?? please help. this is my first pregnancy and like i said, i only found out yesterday that im 9 weeks gone. :(

Hun alot of people get a little bit of blood after sex your cervix is very engorged with blood and very sensitive, i don't think its anything to worry about *(hard i know)* :hugs:

bleeding can happen for lots of different reasons, it doesnt always mean the worst, im sure everythings fine, if you start bleeding heavily or losing clots thats when you should be concerned, a little pink blood doesnt sound worrying, keep an eye on it. maybe phone NHS direct to see if they can offer advice? xx

thank you. i thought that maybe im just sensitive but its odd how it only happens after i find out im pregnant. :wacko: it never happened when we had sex before i knew about the baby. thank you for that :) my OH just let out a big sigh of relief :rofl: bless him. x

aslong as your not getting cramps and its not LOADS with clots ect it should be fine, I was bleeding lots when I wsa 11 weeks and it turnt out to be cervical bleeding because I had sex and David hit my cervix abit too many times, could be that?

yeah i thought about contacting the NHS but didnt want to sound pathetic or one of those panicky first timers. i am keeping an eye on it. im just gonna pray that my little spud is ok. (SPUD) thats what we call the baby lol. x

my OH has put a ban on the sex til we see the midwife anyway so we can discuss it with her. bless him, i suppose im just abit panicky about it, im glad to have him because i'd stress out too much otherwise.

thank you for the comments, i feel abit better now :) x

yeah relax and enjoy christmas, take it easy :)

me and my girlfrend had a similar problem wich is probs the same as this thread...but my girlfriend bled alot and i mean alot after sex and we thought there was something massive wrong...6 hours later and a trip to another hosplital about 6-7 miles away my girlfriend got a scan and it was confirmed that everything was okay but she was soooo poorly that night i was so scared for her and seeing her in pain....i hope u have the same story to be honest and im sure theres nothing to worry about

I am sure that just as these ladies/gent have explained that it's ok to spot after sex. Your cervix is indeed sensitive and engorged. I am sure your little one nice and snug up there!!:hugs:

I agree with the ladies and gents.
Spotting is pretty common in early pregnancy.
Also, you mentioned you didn't notice it before, so maybe you're just getting more sensitive down there because you are further along in your pregnancy, or is it possible that you've had a little bit more rough sex than usual?
At any rate, try not to worry. I know thats easier said than done, but it doesn't sound like much concern (or at least from my perspective). Only when you get heavy bleeding with clots and/or cramping, than you should be concerned. From my own experience i can honestly say that you will know when you are MCiing and based on what you say i dont think thats it.
Praying for a sticky but im sure you're okay :hugs:

thank you everyone. yes all is ok. i havent bled since and theres been no cramping or anything. we had sex yesterday abit more gentle and i was fine afterwards so i guess i was a little rougher the other day when i bled :shy: :rofl: my fiance did put a ban on the :sex: but you know what its like :winkwink: lol. he just knows to be gentle now.

well thanks again for the advice etc. i know he/she is ok because i keep feeling strange changes which is just where its growing. i know in myself that everything is ok. i spoke to my sister (she had a m/c 10 years ago and has 3 girls now) and i spoke to my mum (shes had a few m/c's too & 4 kids) and they told me to just rest up and try to be more gentle during sex. so im taking everyones advice and relaxing more. i didnt realise just how much you should relax when you're pregnant, im not used to taking things easy. if it means the baby is going to be ok then i will do whatever it takes :D

x

how are you doing hun? i actually had the EXACT same problem monday night xxxx

im ok now thank you. i havent had anything since that one time. i spoke to the midwife about it and she said it doesnt sound too bad. just to be more careful. x

im really pleased for you hun, that makes me feel better 2 lol, i havnt had any more either (fingers crossed) so hoping it was just the sex xx

I bled after sex. The sperm is meant to irritate the cervix. Thats what my doctor said anyway.

yeh im glad it hasnt happened again either. we've had sex since then (obviously), and nothing has happened so im happy. i have my first scan on 14th and im so excited to see the baby. then i'll know everything is ok and it will properly sink in that im pregnant. i still find it hard to get too happy about it because i havent seen a scan.....i dont want to jinx anything. :wacko:

yeah i was exactly same before i had my 12 week scan ,i just couldnt believe there was something moving around in there ... but there was!! you will love it :)

here my scan at 12 weeks (they put me a week infront to 13)

Attachments

• Image0316.jpg
    Image0316.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2
a week ahead.....wow. a few people have said they might do that with me but either way i dont mind as long as the baby is healthy.

have you felt the baby move yet or had any flutters? etc. i know its different for some people but i cant wait to feel the baby flutter or something. anything to show me that he/she is there.

ive started getting the smallest flutters, midwife told me it is very likely its the baby, but i probably wont no for sure till im 17 weeks or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->