I wish I understood.....does anyone?

CrystalJMM

Reaction score
So yesterday my OPK was very negative but I had a lot of CM. Tried to BD last night but fiance couldn't finish. (Ugh) This morning my OPK looked positive but of course my digital said negative. It always does. I get home tonight and it's still positive but I'd say less so.....digi still negative. And very thick sticky white CM. So we BD and have success but I'm just worried it's too late. I plugged in that I had a positive OPK in my app (Ovia) and now it's telling me my first fertile day was the last day of my cycle and the last day is tomorrow?! It just seems odd I'd be fertile on the last day of AF. Am I wrong? Also I only had a tiny temp dip over the last few days. 97.7, 97.6, and 97.4 this AM. I just don't get it. And I think I'm out this month. :(

From what I understand if you have a dip in temp then you have ovulated. Usually you have(or can have) EWCM right before you ovulate. With one of my cycles I had watery CM until about cd 11/12 the had loads of creamy CM about cd12/13 then had EWCM(and loads of it) on cd 14. After ovulation I went back to creamy CM and then to watery CM til AF came. I haven't used an OPK or haven't temped. I hope this helps. :)

I always tested positive on my opks during and right before af. A lot of women get an lh surge during that time. Charting is the best way to determine if you O'd because fertile cm and positive opks can occur more than once during your cycle. Hope I understood you correctly on your dates. Good luck !

I believe If you o'd then your temp would drop dramatically and then rise again to indicate ovulation. If you've had the drop and the rise already then O has occurred. And if you indeed have a sticky bean then your temps will continue to climb past when AF is due

AF lasted from 05/20-05/24. I started testing using OPK's on the 25th and was negative until the morning of the 28th. Once I entered the positive ovulation test into my app my fertile days shifted from 05/31-06/05 to 05/24-05/29. That would have me having two fertile cycles this month as my last fertile cycle was 05/02-05/07.

My temp dropped again this morning to 97.0. So I'm wondering if I just didn't ovulate at all? I took 3 different OPK's this morning - 1 looked positive, the other a little lighter than the test line, and as always the digital was negative. (see pic)

I've also attached a photo of my temps, some of those high ones were earlier in the month (right around when I was supposedly ovulating) when I had a cold or something and my temps got high so those aren't helpful.....any other thoughts now? I'm beyond confused and any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• tests.jpg
    tests.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2014-05-29-07-25-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-29-07-25-13.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 4
And to second Frodi temps can be erratic during af and I often would get small dips while my body transitioned from af to my follicular phase as my temps stabilized. What day do you normally ovulate? I would start using opks about 5 days after af and watch your bbt for a dip/rise again and see what happens. Good luck!

And to second Frodi temps can be erratic during af and I often would get small dips while my body transitioned from af to my follicular phase as my temps stabilized. What day do you normally ovulate? I would start using opks about 5 days after af and watch your bbt for a dip/rise again and see what happens. Good luck!

Well I just started temping last month and with my temps being crazy with that cold I had I'm not 100% when I ovulated. My OPK's came back postive on CD11 earlier this month. This time it was CD9.

:dohh:

Very frustrating I'm sure! Keep temping and using opks...I would bet you wil get a proper thermal shift and positive opk together that is your actual O. How many days is your cycle overall?

Very frustrating I'm sure! Keep temping and using opks...I would bet you wil get a proper thermal shift and positive opk together that is your actual O. How many days is your cycle overall?

I'm usually 28-30 days.

I'm usually 28-30 days.

Okay well let's start there. As much as I HATE to use this formula it will have to do until you have a couple of cycles charting behind your belt. If we use a median cycle of 29 days and give you a liberal 14 day luteal phase your ovulation day would be cd 15. I say this because 95% of women have a luteal phase of 14 days or less. So on the best case scenario you are ovulating on cd 15 and worst case any days after that as that would mean your luteal phase was shorter than 14 days (doesn't mean you can't conceive but means you might want to take steps to lengthen it). It is high unlikely you have a luteal phase that is 3+ weeks long and are ovulating right when af ends. Not impossibles but statistically up there with winning the local lottery lol. Keep using opks and lets se if you O closer to cd 15-17 :thumbup:

I'm usually 28-30 days.

Okay well let's start there. As much as I HATE to use this formula it will have to do until you have a couple of cycles charting behind your belt. If we use a median cycle of 29 days and give you a liberal 14 day luteal phase your ovulation day would be cd 15. I say this because 95% of women have a luteal phase of 14 days or less. So on the best case scenario you are ovulating on cd 15 and worst case any days after that as that would mean your luteal phase was shorter than 14 days (doesn't mean you can't conceive but means you might want to take steps to lengthen it). It is high unlikely you have a luteal phase that is 3+ weeks long and are ovulating right when af ends. Not impossibles but statistically up there with winning the local lottery lol. Keep using opks and lets se if you O closer to cd 15-17 :thumbup:

Thank you so much!! I will keep using OPK's and charting and BD'ing as much as the fiance' will allow and we'll see what happens. Thanks again for all your help and insight! :)

Your temps look very similar to how mine looked. It always kinda looked flat lined but where a random rise and fall.

I took opks every day for a whole month and I got 6 positives. Turns out I was having the LH surges without the progesterone to accompany it.

Your temps look very similar to how mine looked. It always kinda looked flat lined but where a random rise and fall.

I took opks every day for a whole month and I got 6 positives. Turns out I was having the LH surges without the progesterone to accompany it.

Did you have any other symptoms to indicate low progesterone? Just curious. :)

Um, there are quite a few things that I noticed.
I was having a lot of cramping all the time, (body trying to ovulate). I had a lot of cm, and when I say a lot I mean felt like I peed myself all the time. Sore breasts and very fast hair growth.
I was depressed and had little motivation to do anything but sleep. Honestly was the worst time ever. :'(

Um, there are quite a few things that I noticed.
I was having a lot of cramping all the time, (body trying to ovulate). I had a lot of cm, and when I say a lot I mean felt like I peed myself all the time. Sore breasts and very fast hair growth.
I was depressed and had little motivation to do anything but sleep. Honestly was the worst time ever. :'(

I've had a lot of cramping consistently in the last 2 months but never had that before EVER, not even during AF. (I should mention I've been on conceiveeasy for the last two months until recently) I never had CM before I started the conceiveeasy but it's definitely helped with that, breasts are never sore, and my hair doesn't grow very fast.

That last one rings true but I've been like that my whole life. Haha....I have an OB appointment on the 30th. I'll see if she'll test me as I'll be a few days post AF (isn't that when they are supposed to test or is it after supposed O?). We'll see if she'll let me.....I might have to fib on how long we've been TTC to get her to do it.

lol, yeah
I believe there are some tests online that you can just take a home to see if there is a possible hormone deficiency.
Hopefully you get some answers as to what might be the cause. It took a year and a bunch of tests by my dr before they sent me to a Ob

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->