IBS and pregnancy (maybe tmi)

sedgeez

Mummy to my rainbow
Reaction score
Is anyone else suffering from irritable bowl?

I've found it's been worse since being pregnant. I'm more constipated than anything which is so uncomfortable, but then I get these stages of a really bad tummy.

I've read you can't take buscopan when pregnant, which is what I used to take to ease the stomach spasms. So now I don't know what to do.

I'm currently suffering one of the 'off' days, after a week and half of constipation :nope:

Sorry for the tmi, but it's getting me down.

Hey! I'm sorry your having a tough time with your IBS:( I have IBS constipation but ever since I've been pregnant I've had bowel movements daily and some times diarrhea :(. The doctor told me some people just reverse there symptoms in pregnancy or some worsen due to hormones. I hope you can find some relief!

Thank you.

I used to be more diarrhea, although it fluctuated. Now I'm pregnant it's the opposite.

It's just so inconvenient and uncomfortable. I've even developed hemorrhoids due to the constipation! :dohh:

I believe you can take fybogel, and there are other things too,wworth speaking to your doctor!
I sympathise as I suffer from fluctuating ibs.
Xx

Since I've hit 8 weeks I've had the worst lower back pain along with gas and cramping when I have bowel movements, I've always had IBS but since being pregnant it hasn't given me a days break like it usually does. It's such a worry cause I never know if the cramping is because of the pregnancy or the IBS. Good luck to you anyway x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->