Ibs in pregnancy

Lil_Gem_1989

Reaction score
Been suffering with ibs and bloating this time round, are there any foods that are good for ibs and will help to settle my tummy? Thanks

I've suffered with it in the past, bland foods were the best for me along with staying hydrated...just an fyi though, I've always thought of ibs as a blanket diagnosis, I was diagnosed with it at around age 20, when I was 29 I had horrible "ibs"'pains that actually ended up being my gallbladder...when they took it out, I had lots of problems with stones that got out and got stuck, the dr said he had never seen a worse case- I really believe now that I am totally pain free that it was my gallbladder all these years, I would have yours checked after this pregnancy ;)

My IBS actually disappears when I'm pregnant , so weird but good for me

I've suffered with it in the past, bland foods were the best for me along with staying hydrated...just an fyi though, I've always thought of ibs as a blanket diagnosis, I was diagnosed with it at around age 20, when I was 29 I had horrible "ibs"'pains that actually ended up being my gallbladder...when they took it out, I had lots of problems with stones that got out and got stuck, the dr said he had never seen a worse case- I really believe now that I am totally pain free that it was my gallbladder all these years, I would have yours checked after this pregnancy ;)

I had a twisted bowel aged 11 and had an operation to untwist it along with having my appendix removed at the same time. So im more prone to bowel irritation. I used to get scar tissue pain which went away but im guessing the pregnancy hormones have aggravated my bowel again xx

I had a twisted bowel aged 11 and had an operation to untwist it along with having my appendix removed at the same time. So im more prone to bowel irritation. I used to get scar tissue pain which went away but im guessing the pregnancy hormones have aggravated my bowel again xx

Oh no, I'm so sorry you have to go through this! It is certainly not fun, I remember having an episode once when I was pregnant, the pain is debilitating but one thing I found is many times I would end up being dehydrated which the Drs said was definitely a trigger for attacks, does dehydration affect you?

Thanks hun. Its annoying because in my last (and only other) pregnancy i was fine and it didnt affect me! I guess theyre all different though. Nah i drink loads so i dont really get dehydrated. How is your pregnancy going so far? X

Hi. I have IBS and it hasn't changed getting pregnant. I find eating 'low residue foods' help. You can Google that for ideas :flower:

I have IBS and it's worse this pregnancy. I find I need very bland foods on an empty stomach, like: baked potato with just salt, oatmeal and lacto free milk, plain rice cakes, plain white rice, grilled chicken, grilled meat (no spices no sauce).

After that I can usually have a nibble of something more appetising :) Not always though >.> really need to play it by ear.

Oh thats probably what i need to do. Gutted i love my food lol x

Well that's good that you're staying hydrated then! Yeah unfortunately it sounds like you're just going to have to stay away from trigger foods then, I feel for you! I'm a foodie too! This pregnancy has been good so far for me, I've had quite a bit of ms and unfortunately I have diarrhea most of the time (sorry if tmi ;) ) but since having my gallbladder out, that's typical for me but this is the first pregnancy I've had since having it out so it's different. I hope you can find what works best for you!

my ibs got worse in my second pregnancy, this pregnancy it has worsened a little, haven't found foods which helps it.

Going to find an alternative to bread and stick to that for a while see if it helps. Yesterday i had a sandwich for lunch and then a subway last night and my stomach was HUGE - i looked at least 4 months gone! Plus i had pains so im guessing bread is deffo a no-no for me! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->