IBS related cramps or contractions?

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
Im confused as to if I have had practice (surges, contractions, BH) as per the last 2 months usually at night, but now during the day as well Ive been getting crampy period type pains low down on bump that radiate down my thighs also and also a bit on my lower back as well, but Im thinking these are bowel cramps from IBS, as I had terrible IBS weeks 6-8 so know what it feels like, these arnt as bad but they are only relieved once I go to the toilet which makes me think they are bowel related. Some cramps last up to half an hour as well. They are not painful as such as Im trying to eradicate that word from my vocabularly anyway, more uncomfortable! Id like to think they are practice surges anyway! Anyone else suffer from IBS and mistook these cramps for contractions?

Ive been getting these the last few days and dont suffer from IBS. I have to run the loo when the cramps set in and this is something I never have to do. I can feel achyness in the top of my thighs and at the very bottom of my bump. I never suffer with my bowels so I would think its my body getting ready for birth. Hope it is anyway even though this could go on for a few weeks yet.

Snap! I use to suffer from IBS years ago and it's come back bad in my 3rd tri. At first I thought it was BH etc but it is relieved after a BM or caused by wind :blush: which I seem to have a lot of now :( really frustrating as last night they almost had me tricked until I had to run to the loo then nothing.

Its annoying isnt it! Im sure its IBS as well, Ive never suffered it in my life, apart from those orrid cramps you get abroad which is why I knew in my 1st trim that it was bowel related and nothing serious. I had 2 weeks off work with it in 1st trim as well they were agonising, I was having hot flushes and almost blacking out they hurt so much! I believe they were to do with the iron tabs I was taking as pretty much as soon as I stopped the cramps stopped. Ive been taking the odd half packet of Spatone but Im still getting cramps so even wary of that. Hopefully when the real thing starts it will be a breeze thats what Im hoping for anyway compared to this! A 30 min with no let up cramp is no fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->