IBS torture!

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
my triggers for my IBS are generally carbs, spicy food and fatty foods, but these past 2 days EVERYTHING is causing me bother, I really don't know what to do, I has salad for lunch and now i am sooooooo bloated & uncomfortable, keep running to the loo and feel sick

any suggestions on what to eat thats not going to trigger it?

Do you take any medication? I'm guessing not with you TTC, not sure there are any that are suitable for TTC, I had to stop mine when I suspected I might be pregnant. Any chance you're pregnant? The hormones really messed mine up!

Drink lots and lots of peppermint tea, it might take the edge away,

just wanted to see in here, I have IBS recently diagnosed and just wondering what main triggers are, I think Ive worked out that one of mine might be dairy (which makes sense, Seth has bouts of lactose intolerance too).

x

I find when I am reaaaaaaaalllllllllly bad I can only eat really bland food. Like rice krispies for breakfast with lactose free milk, some toast and a banana for lunch and brown rice/baked potato with a quorn fillet for dinner. And only drink water but drink plenty of it. No fruit at any cost and as little veg as possible. Nothing fried, nothing nice basically.

just wanted to see in here, I have IBS recently diagnosed and just wondering what main triggers are, I think Ive worked out that one of mine might be dairy (which makes sense, Seth has bouts of lactose intolerance too).

x

Best way to find your triggers is to start writing down everything you eat and drink, then make a note of how you feel after, like if you eat and 20 mins later you are bloated make a note, slowly (after a few weeks) you should see a pattern forming, like i always feel bloated to the point i have to undo trousers and look 6 months pregnant within 45 mins of eating pasta.

still having trouble, my tummy is 'popping' like crazy tonight, just wish it would calm down, it's really getting me down :(

Kitten - there is a chance I guess since we are trying, but i am only CD8 at the moment so don't know if it is too soon to affect my IBS

looks like it is pregnancy related! I guess it will be an on going problem through pregnancy

coffee, cooked jalapino peppers and too much crap makes me ill

Congratulations!

Unfortunately I had the same problem the whole way through my pregnancy. The only foods I could stomach were fried. I couldn't eat fruit as it made me have bad heartburn, most vegetables made me puke, so I lived on fried foods. However, EVERYTHING I ate when straight through me. As soon as I ate, I was straight to the bathroom. I gained 14lbs through my whole pregnancy, and weighed less the day after LO was born than I did the week before I got pregnant.

Its still the same now :( everything I eat is straight through me and it makes me so miserable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->