IBS

Kassy

Mummy and expecting #2
Reaction score
Hiya ladies, hope you're all ok?

I was just wanting to start a topic today about IBS, i have it (had it for about three years now) and i've been suffering with it for a week, my stepdad and grandad died within 9 days of each other and i've not been the same mentally since.
At the moment my stomach is really burning with the occasional tummy pains (throb), i also feel really bloated, (i've had to take two days off work) :cry:.

I have wrote threads before about feeling rotten during ovulation/menstruation and i'm damn sure that IBS is one of the reasons i feel so bad.

Any advice or your experiences would be greatly appreciated :winkwink:

Hey,

I have IBS! Are you taking anything for it?

Im sorry about your Stepdad & Grandad! :flower:

Hey,

I have IBS! Are you taking anything for it?

Im sorry about your Stepdad & Grandad! :flower:

I did take something for the cramping a couple of years ago, but to be honest they diddn't work that well, i just have massive flareups every once in a while, it's a pain.

Yeah, i can't believe so many bad things can happen at once :nope:

I have IBS too! Sucks! Hope you feel better lactobacillus or acidophilus works great for me :)

I go through periods of nothing then BOOM - IBS!

I take buscopan (not the over counter ones) i think these are a bit stronger than the normal ones. I also have immoduim instants aswell for those horrid days.

X

Hiya I have IBS too, like the OP it really flares up when I'm on, really bad and its definitely linked to my emotional state too which is quite common I think.

I don't really take anything for it but try to avoid food I know irritates it like cooked tomatoes skin and peppers.

Its a pain cos when I'm on my 2ww, I'm convinced every twinge could be pregnancy related but more than likely its my wayward bowels lol

hope you feel better soon Claire_love

Thanks Ladies.

I tend to have one week a month where it is really bad (usually after my period), it's a shame theres no meds that work that well for me.
I'm shocked to see that so many of you have it.

Ive heard its actually really common. My Grandad had it for years then he retired and it went away! Mines due to stress and certain greasey things.

Hope you feel better soon!

X

I'm fairly sure I have it. I went to the doctors because I was having stomach cramps so bad I couldn't even move, and sometimes they'd last a while, and it comes and goes and is much much worse for the few days before my period, as well as during and after it. So that's like half of each month!! :( Also, as you mentioned it gets a hell of a lot worse when I'm stressed about something.

Anywho, when I went to the docs they asked all these questions about IBS and I just answered no to them all without thinking, when actually the answer was probably yes to nearly all of them! XD Because I'm stoopid. Obviously :dohh: Now I feel a bit silly about going back and it's been SO much better since I changed my diet and kept a food diary. Apparently changing your diet is the best way to deal with it.

Good luck :) And I'm really sorry about your grandad and stepdad :hug: xx

Mines not been so bad recently - I had my laporosocpy(Sorry sbot spelling!) about 6 weeks ago and *Touch Wood* Its been ok, ive had little niggles but nothing compared to what i normally get.

I also tend to 'detox' one week a month - i just drink water and nothing else. Maybe im crazy but it works...(i think! ;) )

X

Iv had IBS for the past 16 years :( i have noticed as well that i'm worse around my period, must be kind of linked somehow. Iv learnt to know when its going to be bad and how bad and which tablets to take for which occasions, but it has taken years, and i still get it wrong sometimes and end up taking to bed in pain :(

Hey hun.
Mine's has steadily got worse from getting the implant in and next week it's getting removed :happydance:

I was diagnosed bout three years ago aswell. It can really cripple you sometimes.

I totally sympathize with you. I've been off work and college the last week because of my IBS. It's been killing me. It's been so bad I havn't been able to sleep :/ Cramps and everything ugh.

I can say for me a warm bath (without bubbles!!) soothes nicely. I find it's best to have one just before bed. And I'm drastically changing my diet aswell, because that can majourly affect it, you probobly know that though.

The other major thing that affects it is stress, which understandably you'll be suffering from. All I can say is my condolences are with you and that I hope you feel better soon hun x

Hi I find that buscapan helps my cramps and spasms.
Also since i've started eating healthily doing slimming world it has improved. I hate having IBS, i'm lucky to have a very supportive husband though as I know of a lot of people that don't understand it and are not very sympathetic.
A friend of mine that has it said her's got better when she was pregnant so for me theres another reason for wanting to be pregnant hehe.

Ohh yeah I hear it goes either way.. a cure or curse when preggers.
Lets all pray cure haha :)
I'm actually dying from it the now. Good god!

You know there are three different types of IBS? Type A, B and C.

x

I've suffered from IBS for about 4 years, with such bad stomach aches that once I ended up in a&e in absolute agony.
I ended up getting soooo tired of the misery of it all, I went and bought a book about super foods and vitamins, and in it, it tells you all the right things to eat for bowel trouble and bloatedness and ever since, I rarely suffer from it. They do say it's down to diet - no chemicals, no processed foods, lots of vegetables and fruit - and although it's a boring response, changing my diet has basically sorted it for me. I have fruit and veg with every meal (even if it's tonnes of lettuce in a cheese sandwich!) and I still have days where I suffer from it - usually if I'm upset or stressed - but nowhere near as bad as it used to be.
See if changing your diet helps you :)

I've notcies that most of you say the cramps are the worst, anyone else suffer from piles?(tmi) this is my 2nd bout this year. And it's really painful and very uncomfortable.

yep me unfortunately, and my lovely hubby laughs at me for it

I have really bad IBS sometimes. I have to be uber careful what I eat or I end up in agony, and with the stress sometimes even being careful with diet doesn't help. I'm really hoping it goes during pregnancy.

I had IBS in my teenage years but since I entered my 20's it seems to have (thankfully) died down. It only flares up if I have a lot of dairy products.. so atleast I know which foods to rule out (although it took a loooong time of trial and error!)

I was on tablets for a long time (I can't remember the name of them, took them 20 mins before each meal).

Have you tried keeping like a food diary to see which types of food make it worse? I find that worked better than any tablets I took.

Oh and stress really used to set it off, but as I have got older I can cope with more things, so I find that has made it a million times better (tho I still get the nervous poos as I call them! :haha:) Behavioural therapy worked wonders for me, its amazing how much its all linked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->