ice breaker quiz at the christening yesterday..

hawalkden

Reaction score
I was at a Christening yesterday and I've been to a few and after the buffet and the odd 'Thank you' speeches are said. People start to go in their dribs and drabs!

Yesterday it was OH friends LO's Christening and due to it being Pink Month. For Breast Cancer and OH friend family has had a lot of suffering/loss and survivors. After the thanks for coming speech he said he had a mini pink quiz.

It was a little out of the blue but he asked for 50p-£2.00 to enter and there was a bottle of wine for the winner.

There was 30 Questions and it was all linked to the colour pink or Breast Cancer. Some of the questions were:

What is the point's value of a pink snooker ball? 6 points

What were the names of the Pink Ladies in the muscail Grease? Frenchy, Rizzo,
Marty, Jan

In the opening sequence of 'The Simpsons', which character is driving a pink car? Homer.

What was the name of the pink Care Bear with a rainbow on its tummy? Cheet Bear.

I thought it was a brill idea me and OH did it together and put £5 in the pot. We didn't win though. Got about 11/30!:blush:. I think one of the bar staff won but I think about 40 people did the quiz which I thought was a great idea and it made me think 'if' we get Peanut Christened I'd love to do a random small quiz for Charity.

I'd Probably have Diabetes UK and it'd be out the blue for people to join and at only £2 tops (or more if people want to add more) it's a small ice breaker and something different.

What do you guys thing of the idea?

I think it's a lovely idea :) It's something I'd consider doing :thumbup:

That is such a great idea! In keeping with the occasion, too. I think people would be happy to play along, it's only spare change but if you have a crowd you could raise a fair bit. Our LO's christening will only have a few family attending but I like the idea of donating to charity in her name. I think the Woodland Trust has a thing where you can plant a tree for someone, which would be nice.

I'm sooooo tempted to make a quiz up now just to make a quiz and have it ready just incase haha :blush:.. thinking when the time comes and we come to making the invites. In my mine most of the people who'll come have children so thinking a child related quiz too becuase even now when I've got friends round Cbeebies is on automatically no loose women or anything so children themed would be good too see how much we watch it more then LO's :)

I think that is a really nice idea. Good on them for raising money and awareness.

Great idea. Might steal the idea as we never ask for gifts and wont at our wedding. Asking for donations to NAS. xx

I think that's a great idea! What a nice thing to do! x

I'm just looking up 'M' or 'I' questions. Due to us not knowing what Peanut is going to be and then going to look into the name questions. I suppose I'd have to wait till October if I raised money for Cancer Research or November for Diabetes UK.

I was going to ask for vouchers/cheques for Peanut to spend on but I suppose they could give a donation for the Charity we choose :). OH thinks it's a funny idea.

Just thinking of Peanut linked or Children programmes from my past to the current things kids watch now. Due to friends and family who'll be coming having children and most of the time if they aren't in bed or at school the TV is children's programmes :).

I think that's a lovely idea. Really quirky and fun but also doing a great thing raising funds for a charity that means something to you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->