ICSI due to bacteria in Semen

Frustrated1

Reaction score
We are currently undertaking IVF and I'm on day 6 of my stimms. My husband was asked to produce a semen sample earlier this week so that they could culture it to check there was no bacteria present. I received a call today to say that the culture was positive (they did not say what bacteria had been found) and that we would need to have ICSI even though we do not have any male fertility issues.

Has anyone else experienced this? I never thought we'd have to have ICSI and I am really worried about the additional risks it can bring as a result of bypassing natural selection. I can't but help think it would be better to treat any infection and then proceed without ICSI even if it means delaying treatment.

I'm sorry I can't help with the ivf stuff, however my husband kept having issues with high white blood cells and I'm guessing a dormant infection. He was treated with antibiodics and they didn't help at all, then another dose and finally we just got a recent perfect semen analysis after almost 3 years of bad ones. Treatment can help, but I guess it depends on how long you want to wait and how far into the process you already are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->