We are currently undertaking IVF and I'm on day 6 of my stimms. My husband was asked to produce a semen sample earlier this week so that they could culture it to check there was no bacteria present. I received a call today to say that the culture was positive (they did not say what bacteria had been found) and that we would need to have ICSI even though we do not have any male fertility issues. Has anyone else experienced this? I never thought we'd have to have ICSI and I am really worried about the additional risks it can bring as a result of bypassing natural selection. I can't but help think it would be better to treat any infection and then proceed without ICSI even if it means delaying treatment.