I'd like your advice please

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by gezameza, Oct 28, 2008.

?

TTC or wait?

  1. TTC

  2. Wait for HSG

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. gezameza

    gezameza Member

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2008
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello everyone. I have just joined this forum as I'd appreciate some words of wisdom. :help:

    WARNING - LONG STORY AHEAD - sorry...

    In August 08, I experienced my third consecutive loss - my first was a missed miscarriage - no bleeding, a scan revealed no heartbeat at 7 weeks; my second was an ectopic; and this third was another missed m/c.
    I should have been 13 wks, but it transpired that the heartbeat stopped sometime after an 8 week scan. We were devastated because we thought we were past the first trimester.
    We have no children yet.
    After the first in Feb 07 I was so petrified of trying again, I wouldn't consider it, but was coming round to the idea when in Nov 07 we had the ectopic and I had a cyst also so had to have surgery. The docs said we should wait 6 mths before trying again.
    We did that and were so excited to get a BFP in June this year - it all felt right. And then it went wrong. As it was my third in a row the hospital finally agreed to do some tests - I had blood taken for 14 tests the day of my D&C. I was told it could take up to 2 months for the results to come back so I've been trying to come to terms with the loss (which is hard because my younger sister is currently pg - due this week!).

    Anyway I'd heard nothing since 14th Aug so I started phoning a few weeks ago and it took them til yesterday to come back to me. The secretary (yep) told me my bloods are normal, and I now have to go for a HSG x-ray to check my tubes and womb. No consultation with the doc yet.
    Because they took so long I can't have the HSG this month, and the x ray dept told me there is such a short window each month that there's no guarantee i'll be seen next month. I've checked my dates and it definitely won't happen the following month because of Christmas.
    So to my dilemma - By my dates we could try again next week as I'll be O.

    I don't know what to do - there's no way of knowing if I'll get the HSG in the next 3 months and I feel like so much time has passed already. They may find nothing and then it would be like we'd wasted these months.
    But what if I get a BFP and it happens again? And the stress of TTC again?
    I'm thinking if we at least try and it doesn't happen I can hope for the HSG...

    Any advice ladies? :idea:
     
  2. tillymum

    tillymum New mom

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2008
    Messages:
    1,096
    Likes Received:
    0
    So sorry for your losses, you sound like you have really been through a tough time. :hugs:

    I'm really not sure what advice to give hun as I'm unsure of what is involved with a HSG test, why can it only happen at a certain time?

    I understand how hard it is to wait before you can TTC again and how it feels like time is racing by, and the worry of TTC'ing again only to risk another loss.

    Sorry i've not been much help here. Big :hug: xx
     
  3. JASMAK

    JASMAK Mom of three

    Joined:
    May 27, 2008
    Messages:
    14,703
    Likes Received:
    0
    I worte wait, only because you have had an ectopic, and I would want an HSG before going further. But, ultimately, this decision is up to you and your husband (and DR). Sorry for your losses. :hug:
     
  4. trying_4_no.3

    trying_4_no.3 mum of 3 beautiful girls

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2008
    Messages:
    302
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey,So sorry for your losses my advise to you would be to wait for the test as if you were to get pregnant again and have another m/c the pain and stress you have gone through would be made worse you may even feel guilty for not waiting for the test although you are unsure of quite how long it will be before you have the test at least once you have the results you will know if it is ok to TTC or of there are things that need sorting before hand so my advise would be to wait however it is totally up to you and your partner what you would like to do just do what feels right and go with your gut instinct, I hope this helps even if its just a little, good luck with everything hunni x x
     
  5. mummymadness

    mummymadness Mummy to 4

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2008
    Messages:
    7,490
    Likes Received:
    0
    So sorry for your losses ..
    I know nothing about tests etc , But i voted TTC if you feel confident to try and you and your OH have spoke about this and agree then that is what is best for you . xx .
     
  6. sweetcheeks

    sweetcheeks Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2008
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am really sorry for all you have been through. I can't imagine how you must feel right now.

    I would say wait for the tests and get it out of the way. If you get pg again this cycle and then it goes wrong again, you will have to wait even longer to get the test done. Plus it will give you time to recover a bit more.

    Please let us all know how you get on. I hope everything works out for you.

    :hug:
     
  7. gezameza

    gezameza Member

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2008
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    hey everyone.
    thank you for all the views. Its so tough isn't it. Your support is appreciated.

    I've decided to pay to see a specialist private next week to get some information on all the tests - it won't get the HSG done any quicker but it can't hurt to be more informed.
    I feel really let down by the docs so far, but I have to stay positive that it'll work someday...

    thanks again
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice