I'd like your opinions please!

Deeper Blue

Reaction score
When I started to get broody before I had Isla I was -desperate- to have a baby and became so depressed and tearful every time I got my AF, it was such an all consuming burning desire to have a baby. Not long after Isla was born I started wanting another baby pretty much straight away, but this time it wasn't the same kind of feeling, it was more that I wanted to experience the amazing feeling of being pregnant and giving birth again (and I still do!), which seems to me a pretty selfish reason for having a baby which is where I'm having difficulty sorting out my feelings. When I think about TTC a little brother or sister for Isla I don't have that same burning desire I had for Isla... it feels more like... a practical decision to have the children close together. Does anyone else get this feeling?

For those of you thinking about number two, do you have the same desire for number two as you did for number one?
For those who plan to have more than one baby, why do you feel you would like more than one?

Thanks in advance!
x

I found lately that the burning feeling really has returned. I long for the experience the same as you for the pregnancy and even the labour/birth. But I long to have the experience of having a newborn again, I feel like I will be a better mum this time as I do believe in learning from experience and mistakes.

But I do want a sibling for charlie, I would of hated being an only child, I think I would be so lonely. Charlie is 2 now and and we are going to start trying June 09 and he will be 3. I dont think I liked to leave it any later. So I think you are totally normal wanting another baby for both selfish and practical reasons.

Danielle

I really really want another baby, but like you, it's hard for me at the moment to decide if I just want to be pregnant and have those first few days again or if it's another baby that I actually want right now.

I definately want another but I don't know if what I'm feeling now is wanting a baby or wanting the pregnancy.

It's not the same desire because I kinda know what to expect now so that changes things a bit. I sure as hell want another as much as I ever wanted Violet though. Waiting is going to be hard, but it's the right thing to do. I want to make sure I'm actually ready for another and not just missing the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->