• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ID'd for medicine!!

I get ID'd for everything you can get ID'd for. it's really annoying, but you get used to it :lol:

It is possible the till flashes up a warning to ID and being new/jobsworthy/anxious or unsure, she asked you without really checking. When i worked at Tesco I got a message to ID for lots of things on the till and when i first started sometimes I would ask without really checking because they do a lot of scaremongering about massive fines if you let someone slip through with age restricted products and I was scared!

I have a lot of sympathy for checkout staff having to ask for ID because it is awkward and people do react angrily but you can really get in trouble if you make a mistake so it's best to cover all bases.

I agree - I'm not sure about medicine but with alcohol the server would be personally fined like 800 quid so I didn't take any chances! People used to be sooo rude to me for iding them, I don't get it it takes like 2 seconds to get out some ID.

Calpol is 16 not 18 :flower:

Actually there is no age restriction on pain killers, only a limit restriction. At Morrisons we have to do that think 25 training pretty much all the time. I did it a couple of months ago.

Pain killers up you can buy any age, you just can't buy more than 36 at one time. It never flashes up with an ID prompt when I was on the tills (on maternity leave now)

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1009.aspx?CategoryID=62&SubCategoryID=65

I did get ID'd for a mini sewing kit once because it had 1 needle in it :haha:

With the exception of alcohol the rules are pretty silly. It's why I carry my driving license everywhere. A 12 pack aspirin, really? grrrr

its stupid.you can buy call from the petrol station its not a pharmacy only medicine so no age requirements.when i was working in pharmacy we were told to use our judgement.if a teenage girl came for painkillers for period then dine but if too regular then to question it.it seems like red tape going over the top.

Calpol is 16 not 18 :flower:

Actually there is no age restriction on pain killers, only a limit restriction. At Morrisons we have to do that think 25 training pretty much all the time. I did it a couple of months ago.

Pain killers up you can buy any age, you just can't buy more than 36 at one time. It never flashes up with an ID prompt when I was on the tills (on maternity leave now)

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1009.aspx?CategoryID=62&SubCategoryID=65

I did get ID'd for a mini sewing kit once because it had 1 needle in it :haha:

If you can buy at any age why ID? I was only buying one bottle.
It said on my receipt 16 x

I have been ID'd for NyQuil and I'm 23. :haha: I used to be a cashier and had to ID people too for certain medicines. The cashier can get in a lot of trouble if it's required and they don't ask. :nope:

Constantly. Rated R movies, lottery tickets, and without fail any kind of alcohol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->